Do Tighter Restrictions on Density Retard Development?
Williams ( 1991 ) builds a real-options model to investigate the timing and the scale decisions of property development. Williams asserts that tighter restrictions on density retard development. This article finds that there are some typos in Williams’s article such that his assertion does not hold in general. In particular, his assertion will not hold as long as the density restrictions are not set too low relative to the density level that would be chosen by landowners in the absence of any regulation. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 1991. "A comparative dynamic analysis of zoning in a growing city," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 235-248, March.
- Bar-Ilan, Avner & Strange, William C., 1999. "The Timing and Intensity of Investment," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 57-77, January.
- Ko Wang & Yuqing Zhou, 2000. "Overbuilding: A Game-Theoretic Approach," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(3), pages 493-522.
- Paul D. Childs & Timothy J. Riddiough & Alexander J. Triantis, 1996. "Mixed Uses and the Redevelopment Option," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 24(3), pages 317-339.
- Titman, Sheridan, 1985. "Urban Land Prices under Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 505-14, June.
- Joseph T. Williams, 1997. "Redevelopment of Real Assets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(3), pages 387-407.
- Williams, Joseph T, 1991. "Real Estate Development as an Option," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 191-208, June.
- Capozza, Dennis & Li, Yuming, 1994. "The Intensity and Timing of Investment: The Case of Land," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 889-904, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:34:y:2007:i:2:p:225-232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.