Do Tighter Restrictions on Density Retard Development?
Williams ( 1991 ) builds a real-options model to investigate the timing and the scale decisions of property development. Williams asserts that tighter restrictions on density retard development. This article finds that there are some typos in Williams’s article such that his assertion does not hold in general. In particular, his assertion will not hold as long as the density restrictions are not set too low relative to the density level that would be chosen by landowners in the absence of any regulation. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 34 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/regional+science/journal/11146/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul D. Childs & Timothy J. Riddiough & Alexander J. Triantis, 1996. "Mixed Uses and the Redevelopment Option," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 24(3), pages 317-339.
- Bar-Ilan, Avner & Strange, William C., 1999. "The Timing and Intensity of Investment," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 57-77, January.
- Capozza, Dennis & Li, Yuming, 1994. "The Intensity and Timing of Investment: The Case of Land," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 889-904, September.
- Ko Wang & Yuqing Zhou, 2000. "Overbuilding: A Game-Theoretic Approach," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(3), pages 493-522.
- Williams, Joseph T, 1991. "Real Estate Development as an Option," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 191-208, June.
- Joseph T. Williams, 1997. "Redevelopment of Real Assets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(3), pages 387-407.
- Titman, Sheridan, 1985. "Urban Land Prices under Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 505-514, June.
- Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 1991. "A comparative dynamic analysis of zoning in a growing city," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 235-248, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:34:y:2007:i:2:p:225-232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.