An Early Assessment of Residential Mortgage Performance in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Yongheng Deng & Della Zheng & Changfeng Ling, 2004. "An Early Assessment of Residential Mortgage Performance in China," Working Paper 8603, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patric H. Hendershott & Robert Van Order, 1987. "Pricing Mortgages: An Interpretation of the Models and Results," NBER Working Papers 2290, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deng, Yongheng, 1997.
"Mortgage Termination: An Empirical Hazard Model with a Stochastic Term Structure,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 309-331, May.
- Yongheng Deng, "undated". "Mortgage Termination: An Empirical Hazard Model with Stochastic Term Structure," Working Papers _002, University of California at Berkeley, Econometrics Laboratory Software Archive.
- Deng, Yongheng & Quigley, John M. & Van Order, Robert & Mac, Freddie, 1996.
"Mortgage default and low downpayment loans: The costs of public subsidy,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 263-285, June.
- Yongheng Deng & John M. Quigley & Robert Van Order, 1995. "Mortgage Default and Low Downpayment Loans: The Costs of Public Subsidy," NBER Working Papers 5184, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yongheng Deng & John M. Quigley & Robert Van Order, 2000.
"Mortgage Terminations, Heterogeneity and the Exercise of Mortgage Options,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(2), pages 275-308, March.
- Yongheng Deng & John M. Quigley & Robert Van Order, "undated". "Mortgage Terminations, Heterogeneity and the Exercise of Mortgage Options," Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers 322, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Deng, Yongheng & Quigley, John M. & Van Order, Robert, 1999. "Mortgage Terminations, Heterogeneity, and the Exercise of Mortgage Options," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt96r560pg, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- James B. Kau & Donald C. Keenan & Walter J. Muller & James F. Epperson, 1990. "The Valuation and Analysis of Adjustable Rate Mortgages," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(12), pages 1417-1431, December.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Michael J. Brennan & Eduardo S. Schwartz, 1985. "Determinants of GNMA Mortgage Prices," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 13(3), pages 209-228.
- Green, Jerry & Shoven, John B, 1986.
"The Effects of Interest Rates on Mortgage Prepayments,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(1), pages 41-59, February.
- Jerry Green & John B. Shoven, 1983. "The Effects of Interest Rates on Mortgage Prepayments," NBER Working Papers 1246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shoven, John & Green, Jerry, 1986. "The Effects of Interest Rates on Mortgage Prepayments," Scholarly Articles 3204664, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Richard Stanton & Nancy Wallace, 1995. "ARM Wrestling: Valuing Adjustable Rate Mortgages Indexed to the Eleventh District Cost of Funds," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 23(3), pages 311-345.
- Archer, Wayne R. & Ling, David C. & McGill, Gary A., 1996.
"The effect of income and collateral constraints on residential mortgage terminations,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 235-261, June.
- Wayne Archer & David C. Ling & Gary A. McGill, 1995. "The Effect of Income and Collateral Constraints on Residential Mortgage Terminations," NBER Working Papers 5180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Quigley, John M., 2006. "Urban Economics," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt0jr0p2tk, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Stephen A. Buser & Patric H. Hendershott & Anthony B. Sanders, 1984. "Pricing Rate Caps on Default-Free Adjustable-Rate Mortgages," NBER Working Papers 1525, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calhoun, Charles A & Deng, Yongheng, 2002. "A Dynamic Analysis of Fixed- and Adjustable-Rate Mortgage Terminations," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 24(1-2), pages 9-33, Jan.-Marc.
- Quigley, John M, 1987. "Interest Rate Variations, Mortgage Prepayments and Household Mobility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(4), pages 636-643, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eickholt, Mathias & Entrop, Oliver & Wilkens, Marco, 2014. "What makes individual investors exercise early? Empirical evidence from the fixed-income market," Passauer Diskussionspapiere, Betriebswirtschaftliche Reihe 15, University of Passau, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Bardhan, Ashok Deo & Kroll, Cynthia A., 2007. "Globalization and Real Estate: Issues, Implications, Opportunities," Fisher Center for Real Estate & Urban Economics, Research Reports qt8fm5j003, Fisher Center for Real Estate & Urban Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Kenneth K. Chow & Matthew S. Yiu & Charles Ka Yui Leung & Dickson C. Tam, 2008. "Does the DiPasquale-Wheaton Model Explain the House Price Dynamics in China Cities?," Working Papers 212008, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Iris Claus & Les Oxley & Jie Chen & Xuehui Han, 2014. "The Evolution Of The Housing Market And Its Socioeconomic Impacts In The Post-Reform People'S Republic Of China: A Survey Of The Literature," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 652-670, September.
- Zheng, Siqi & Wu, Jing & Kahn, Matthew E. & Deng, Yongheng, 2012. "The nascent market for “green” real estate in Beijing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 974-984.
- Leung, Charles Ka Yui & Chow, Kenneth & Yiu, Matthew & Tam, Dickson, 2010. "House Market in Chinese Cities: Dynamic Modeling, In-Sampling Fitting and Out-of-Sample Forecasting," MPRA Paper 27367, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:etrans:v:26:y:2018:i:2:p:233-252 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yongheng Deng & Peng Liu, 2009. "Mortgage Prepayment and Default Behavior with Embedded Forward Contract Risks in China’s Housing Market," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 214-240, April.
- Wenjie Wu, 2012. "Does Public Investment Spur the Land Market?: Evidence from Transport Improvement in Beijing," SERC Discussion Papers 0116, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Ye, Guangliang & Deng, Guoying & Li, Zhigang, 2014. "Mortgage rate and choice of mortgage length: A quasi-experimental evidence from Chinese transaction-level data," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 96-103.
- Deng, Yongheng & Girardin, Eric & Joyeux, Roselyne, 2018.
"Fundamentals and the volatility of real estate prices in China: A sequential modelling strategy,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 205-222.
- Yongheng Deng & Eric Girardin & Roselyne Joyeux, 2018. "Fundamentals and the volatility of real estate prices in China: A sequential modelling strategy," Post-Print hal-01996210, HAL.
- Agarwal, Sumit & Chomsisengphet, Souphala & Hassler, Olivier, 2005. "The impact of the 2001 financial crisis and the economic policy responses on the Argentine mortgage market," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 242-270, September.
- Liang, Te-Hsin & Lin, Jian-Bang, 2014. "A two-stage segment and prediction model for mortgage prepayment prediction and management," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 328-343.
- Yongheng Deng & Eric Girardin & Roselyne Joyeux, 2015. "Fundamentals and the Volatility of Real Estate Prices in China: A Sequential Modelling Strategy," Working Papers 222015, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:97:y:2018:i:c:p:318-334 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsChinese mortgage market; prepayment and default; empirical hazard model; econometric analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:31:y:2005:i:2:p:117-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.