Robust Event Studies for Derogation from Suspension of Concentrations in Greece during the Period 1995–2008
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McAfee, R. Preston & Williams, Michael A., 1988. "Can event studies detect anticompetitive mergers?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 199-203.
- Luca Aguzzoni & Gregor Langus & Massimo Motta, 2013.
"The Effect of EU Antitrust Investigations and Fines on a Firm's Valuation,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 290-338, June.
- Langus, Gregor & Motta, Massimo, 2007. "The Effect of EU Antitrust Investigations and Fines on a Firm’s Valuation," CEPR Discussion Papers 6176, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Cox, Alan J & Portes, Jonathan, 1998. "Mergers in Regulated Industries: The Uses and Abuses of Event Studies," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 281-304, November.
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Schwert, G. William, 1996. "Markup pricing in mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 153-192, June.
- Cowan, Arnold R. & Sergeant, Anne M. A., 1996.
"Trading frequency and event study test specification,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1731-1757, December.
- Arnold R. Cowan & Anne M.A. Sergeant, 1996. "Trading Frequency and Event Study Test Specification," Finance 9610002, EconWPA.
- Jan Bartholdy & Dennis Olson & Paula Peare, 2007.
"Conducting Event Studies on a Small Stock Exchange,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 227-252.
- Bartholdy, Jan & Olson, Dennis & Peare, Paula, 2006. "Conducting event studies on a small stock exchange," Finance Research Group Working Papers F-2006-03, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Bradley, Michael & Desai, Anand & Kim, E. Han, 1983. "The rationale behind interfirm tender offers : Information or synergy?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 183-206, April.
- John Jackson & Audrey Kline & Sarah Skinner, 2006. "The Impact of Non-Normality and Misspecification on Merger Event Studies," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 247-264.
- Mitchell, Mark L & Lehn, Kenneth, 1990. "Do Bad Bidders Become Good Targets?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 372-398, April.
- Maynes, Elizabeth & Rumsey, John, 1993. "Conducting event studies with thinly traded stocks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 145-157, February.
- Tomaso Duso & Klaus Gugler & Burcin Yurtoglu, 2005.
"EU Merger Remedies: A Preliminary Empirical Assessment,"
CIG Working Papers
SP II 2005-16, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Duso, Tomaso & Gugler, Klaus & Yurtoglu, Burcin B., 2006. "EU Merger Remedies: A Preliminary Empirical Assessment," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 81, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Michael Cichello & Douglas Lamdin, 2006. "Event Studies and the Analysis of Antitrust," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 229-245.
- Campbell, Cynthia J. & Wesley, Charles E., 1993. "Measuring security price performance using daily NASDAQ returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 73-92, February.
- Salinger, Michael, 1992. "Standard Errors in Event Studies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(01), pages 39-53, March.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- repec:hhs:iuiwop:542 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhattacharya, Utpal & Daouk, Hazem & Jorgenson, Brian & Kehr, Carl-Heinrich, 2000.
"When an event is not an event: the curious case of an emerging market,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 69-101, January.
- Bhattacharya, Utpal & Daouk, Hazem & Jorgenson, Brian & Kehr, Carl-Heinrich, 1998. "When an event is not an event: The curious case of an emerging market," CFS Working Paper Series 1998/12, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Mark L. Mitchell & Kenneth Lehn, 1990. "Do Bad Bidders Become Good Targets?," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 3(2), pages 60-69.
- Nihat Aktas & Eric de Bodt & Richard Roll, 2007. "Is European M&A Regulation Protectionist?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(522), pages 1096-1121, July.
- Gregor Andrade & Mark Mitchell & Erik Stafford, 2001. "New Evidence and Perspectives on Mergers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 103-120, Spring.
- Fridolfsson, Sven-Olof & Stennek, Johan, 2000. "Why Event Studies Do Not Detect Anti-Competitive Mergers," Working Paper Series 542, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Heinkel, Robert & Kraus, Alan, 1988. "Measuring Event Impacts in Thinly Traded Stocks," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(01), pages 71-88, March.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart & Masumeci, Jim & Poulsen, Annette B., 1991. "Event-study methodology under conditions of event-induced variance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 253-272, December.
- Becher, David A., 2000. "The valuation effects of bank mergers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 189-214, July.
- Raghavendra Rau, P. & Vermaelen, Theo, 1998. "Glamour, value and the post-acquisition performance of acquiring firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 223-253, August.
- Houston, Joel F. & Ryngaert, Michael D., 1994. "The overall gains from large bank mergers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1155-1176, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zevgolis, Nikolaos & Fotis, Panagiotis, 2011. "Prohibition of parallel Imports as a hard core Restriction of Article 4 of Block Exception Regulation for vertical Agreements: European Law and Economics," MPRA Paper 32870, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fotis, Panagiotis & Pekka, Victoria & Polemis, Michael, 2015. "Intervalling-effect bias and evidences for competition policy," MPRA Paper 63211, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nikolaos Zevgolis & Panagiotis Fotis, 2014. "Prohibition of parallel imports as a vertical restraint: per se approach or a misunderstanding?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 317-342, October.
More about this item
Keywordsderogations; concentrations; stock performance; abnormal returns; cumulative returns; G34; C13; L1; K20;
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- K20 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jincot:v:11:y:2011:i:1:p:67-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://springer.com .