Mergers and Acquisitions - Reasons and Results
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bradley, Michael & Desai, Anand & Kim, E. Han, 1988. "Synergistic gains from corporate acquisitions and their division between the stockholders of target and acquiring firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 3-40, May.
- Mitchell, Mark L. & Mulherin, J. Harold, 1996. "The impact of industry shocks on takeover and restructuring activity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 193-229, June.
- Schwert, G. William, 1996. "Markup pricing in mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 153-192, June.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-329, May.
- Johan Stennek & Frank Verboven, 2006.
"Merger Control and Enterprise Competitiveness: Empirical Analysis and Policy Recommendations,"
Chapters,in: European Merger Control, chapter 4
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Stennek, Johan & Verboven, Frank, 2001. "Merger Control and Enterprise Competitiveness - Empirical Analysis and Policy Recommendations," Working Paper Series 556, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Michael Gort, 1969. "An Economic Disturbance Theory of Mergers," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(4), pages 624-642.
- Gregor Andrade & Mark Mitchell & Erik Stafford, 2001. "New Evidence and Perspectives on Mergers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 103-120, Spring.
- DeLong, Gayle L., 2001. "Stockholder gains from focusing versus diversifying bank mergers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 221-252, February.
- Dutz, Mark A., 1989. "Horizontal mergers in declining industries : Theory and evidence," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 11-33, March.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Mitchell, Mark L & Lehn, Kenneth, 1990. "Do Bad Bidders Become Good Targets?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 372-398, April.
- Berkovitch, Elazar & Narayanan, M. P., 1993. "Motives for Takeovers: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(03), pages 347-362, September.
- Jay Dahya & Ronan Powell, 1998. "Ownership Structure, Managerial Turnover and Takeovers: Further U.K. Evidence on the Market for Corporate Control," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 62-83, March.
- Dickerson, Andrew P & Gibson, Heather D & Tsakalotos, Euclid, 1997. "The Impact of Acquisitions on Company Performance: Evidence from a Large Panel of UK Firms," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 344-361, July.
- Tung-Jean Lee & Richard E Caves, 1998. "Uncertain Outcomes of Foreign Investment: Determinants of the Dispersion of Profits After Large Acquisitions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(3), pages 563-581, September.
- repec:hhs:iuiwop:556 is not listed on IDEAS
- Agrawal, Anup & Jaffe, Jeffrey F & Mandelker, Gershon N, 1992. " The Post-merger Performance of Acquiring Firms: A Re-examination of an Anomaly," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1605-1621, September.
- Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G. & Ruback, Richard S., 1992. "Does corporate performance improve after mergers?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 135-175, April.
- Dodd, Peter & Ruback, Richard, 1977. "Tender offers and stockholder returns : An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 351-373, December.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1988. "Takeovers: Their Causes and Consequences," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 21-48, Winter.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Steven N. Kaplan, 2001. "Corporate Governance and Merger Activity in the U.S.: Making Sense of the 1980s and 1990s," NBER Working Papers 8220, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hsueh, Shun-Jen & Tsao, Yao Chun & Tu, Chien-Heng & Chiu, Yung-Ho & Liu, Shu-Bing, 2014. "Can M&A activities act as a predictor of the performance of economic growth or stock prices?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 430-438.
- Uddin, Moshfique & Boateng, Agyenim, 2011. "Explaining the trends in the UK cross-border mergers & acquisitions: An analysis of macro-economic factors," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 547-556, October.
- Oldford, Erin & Otchere, Isaac, 2016. "Are cross-border acquisitions enemy of labor? An examination of employment and productivity effects," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 438-455.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rif:dpaper:792. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/etlaafi.html .