Horizontal mergers in declining industries : Theory and evidence
No abstract is available for this item.
- Breinlich, Holger, 2008.
"Trade liberalization and industrial restructuring through mergers and acquisitions,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 254-266, December.
- Breinlich, Holger, 2006. "Trade liberalization and industrial restructuring through mergers and acquisitions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19868, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Breinlich, Holger, 2006. "Trade Liberalization and Industrial Restructuring through Mergers and Acquisitions," Economics Discussion Papers 2717, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Holger Breinlich, 2006. "Trade Liberalization and Industrial Restructuring through Mergers and Acquisitions," CEP Discussion Papers dp0717, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Angelo Castaldo & Laura Ferrari-Bravo, 2014. "Mergers in declining industries: puzzles from competition and industrial policies," Public Finance Research Papers 9, Istituto di Economia e Finanza, DIGEF, Sapienza University of Rome.
- Karen Geurts & Jo Van Biesebroeck, 2017. "Employment growth following takeovers," Working Papers Department of Economics 590697, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Geurts, Karen & Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2017. "Employment growth following takeovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 12167, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jaideep Anand, 2004. "Redeployment of corporate resources: A study of acquisition strategies in the US defense industries, 1978-1996," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(6-7), pages 383-400.
- Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve, 1999. "The productivity effects of bank mergers: Evidence from the UK building societies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 825-846, May.
- Conyon, Martin J. & Girma, Sourafel & Thompson, Steve & Wright, Peter W., 2002. "The impact of mergers and acquisitions on company employment in the United Kingdom," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 31-49, January.
- G. Ietto-Gillies, 1998. "A Comparison of Merged versus Non-merged Business Establishments in Britain: What Can we Learn from the Workplace Industrial Relations Survey?," CIBS Research Papers in International Business 10-98, London South Bank University CIBS.
- Banal-Estanol, A. & Heidhues, P., 2006. "Merged clusters during economic booms," Working Papers 06/07, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Albert Banal-Estañol & Paul Heidhues & Rainer Nitsche & Jo Seldeslachts, 2006. "Merger Clusters during Economic Booms," CIG Working Papers SP II 2006-17, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Esteve-Perez, Silviano, 2005. "Exit with vertical product differentiation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 227-247, April.
- Rezitis, Anthony N., 2008. "Efficiency and productivity effects of bank mergers: Evidence from the Greek banking industry," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 236-254, March.
- Christopher C. Geczy & Bernadette A. Minton & Catherine Schrand, "undated". "Choices Among Alternative Risk Management Strategies: Evidence from the Natural Gas Industry," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 28-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Ramón Faulí-Oller, 1999. "- Takeover Waves," Working Papers. Serie AD 1999-30, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Mitchell, Mark L. & Mulherin, J. Harold, 1996. "The impact of industry shocks on takeover and restructuring activity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 193-229, June.
- Albert Banal‐Estañol & Paul Heidhues & Rainer Nitsche & Jo Seldeslachts, 2010. "Screening And Merger Activity," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(4), pages 794-817, December.
- Banal-Estanol, Albert & Heidhues, Paul & Nitsche, Rainer & Seldeslachts, Jo, 2009. "Screening and Merger Activity," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 270, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Darren Filson & Bunchon Songsamphant, 2005. "Horizontal mergers and exit in declining industries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 129-132.
- Darren Filson & Bunchon Songsamphant, "undated". "Horizontal Mergers and Exit in Declining Industries," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2001-13, Claremont Colleges.
- Ali-Yrkkö, Jyrki, 2002. "Mergers and Acquisitions - Reasons and Results," Discussion Papers 792, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Jane Banaszak-Holl & Whitney B. Berta & Dilys M. Bowman & Joel A.C. Baum & Will Mitchell, 2002. "The rise of human service chains: antecedents to acquisitions and their effects on the quality of care in US nursing homes," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4-5), pages 261-282.
- Hiroyuki Taguchi & Taichi Yanagawa & Masashi Harita, 2010. "The Dynamic Impacts of M&A on Employment in Japan : Using Micro-data from the Financial Statements Statistics of Corporations by Industry," Microeconomics Working Papers 23114, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:7:y:1989:i:1:p:11-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed