Horizontal mergers in declining industries : Theory and evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sanford J. Grossman & Richard E. Kihlstrom & Leonard J. Mirman, 1977. "A Bayesian Approach to the Production of Information and Learning By Doing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 533-547.
- Kyle Bagwell & Michael Riordan, 1986. "Equilibrium Price Dynamics for an Experience Good," Discussion Papers 705, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1982. "Barriers to Entry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 47-57, March.
- Bagwell, Kyle, 1990.
"Informational product differentiation as a barrier to entry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 207-223, June.
- Kyle Bagwell, 1986. "Informational Product Differentiation as a Barrier to Entry," Discussion Papers 711, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982.
"Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-365, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands," Working papers 1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Joseph Farrell, 1986. "Moral Hazard as an Entry Barrier," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(3), pages 440-449, Autumn.
- Rao, Vithala R, 1984. "Pricing Research in Marketing: The State of the Art," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 39-60, January.
- Kreps, David M. & Wilson, Robert, 1982. "Reputation and imperfect information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 253-279, August.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Rubinstein, Ariel, 1985. "A Bargaining Model with Incomplete Information about Time Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 1151-1172, September.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Perry, Motty, 1986.
"Sequential bargaining under asymmetric information,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 120-154, June.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Motty Perry, 1986. "Sequential Bargaining Under Asymmetric Information," NBER Technical Working Papers 0056, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dean, Joel, 1969. "Pricing Pioneering Products," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 165-179, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Breinlich, Holger, 2008.
"Trade liberalization and industrial restructuring through mergers and acquisitions,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 254-266, December.
- Holger Breinlich, 2006. "Trade Liberalization and Industrial Restructuring through Mergers and Acquisitions," CEP Discussion Papers dp0717, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Breinlich, Holger, 2006. "Trade Liberalization and Industrial Restructuring through Mergers and Acquisitions," Economics Discussion Papers 2717, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Breinlich, Holger, 2006. "Trade liberalization and industrial restructuring through mergers and acquisitions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19868, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Angelo Castaldo & Laura Ferrari-Bravo, 2014. "Mergers in declining industries: puzzles from competition and industrial policies," Public Finance Research Papers 9, Istituto di Economia e Finanza, DIGEF, Sapienza University of Rome.
- Abhirup Chakrabarti, 2015. "Organizational adaptation in an economic shock: The role of growth reconfiguration," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(11), pages 1717-1738, November.
- Karen Geurts & Jo Van Biesebroeck, 2017. "Employment growth following takeovers," Working Papers Department of Economics 590697, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Jaideep Anand, 2004. "Redeployment of corporate resources: A study of acquisition strategies in the US defense industries, 1978-1996," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(6-7), pages 383-400.
- Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve, 1999. "The productivity effects of bank mergers: Evidence from the UK building societies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 825-846, May.
- Conyon, Martin J. & Girma, Sourafel & Thompson, Steve & Wright, Peter W., 2002. "The impact of mergers and acquisitions on company employment in the United Kingdom," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 31-49, January.
- G. Ietto-Gillies, 1998. "A Comparison of Merged versus Non-merged Business Establishments in Britain: What Can we Learn from the Workplace Industrial Relations Survey?," CIBS Research Papers in International Business 10-98, London South Bank University CIBS.
- Banal-Estanol, A. & Heidhues, P., 2006. "Merged clusters during economic booms," Working Papers 06/07, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Esteve-Perez, Silviano, 2005. "Exit with vertical product differentiation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 227-247, April.
- Rezitis, Anthony N., 2008. "Efficiency and productivity effects of bank mergers: Evidence from the Greek banking industry," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 236-254, March.
- Christopher C. Geczy & Bernadette A. Minton & Catherine Schrand, "undated". "Choices Among Alternative Risk Management Strategies: Evidence from the Natural Gas Industry," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 28-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Larry D. Qiu & Wen Zhou, 2007. "Merger waves: a model of endogenous mergers," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(1), pages 214-226, March.
- Ramón Faulí-Oller, 1999. "- Takeover Waves," Working Papers. Serie AD 1999-30, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Mitchell, Mark L. & Mulherin, J. Harold, 1996. "The impact of industry shocks on takeover and restructuring activity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 193-229, June.
- Albert Banal‐Estañol & Paul Heidhues & Rainer Nitsche & Jo Seldeslachts, 2010.
"Screening And Merger Activity,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(4), pages 794-817, December.
- Banal-Estanol, Albert & Heidhues, Paul & Nitsche, Rainer & Seldeslachts, Jo, 2009. "Screening and Merger Activity," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 270, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Darren Filson & Bunchon Songsamphant, 2005.
"Horizontal mergers and exit in declining industries,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 129-132.
- Darren Filson & Bunchon Songsamphant, "undated". "Horizontal Mergers and Exit in Declining Industries," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2001-13, Claremont Colleges.
- Ali-Yrkkö, Jyrki, 2002. "Mergers and Acquisitions - Reasons and Results," Discussion Papers 792, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Jane Banaszak-Holl & Whitney B. Berta & Dilys M. Bowman & Joel A.C. Baum & Will Mitchell, 2002. "The rise of human service chains: antecedents to acquisitions and their effects on the quality of care in US nursing homes," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4-5), pages 261-282.
- Hiroyuki Taguchi & Taichi Yanagawa & Masashi Harita, 2010. "The Dynamic Impacts of M&A on Employment in Japan : Using Micro-data from the Financial Statements Statistics of Corporations by Industry," Microeconomics Working Papers 23114, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:7:y:1989:i:1:p:11-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .