Deterring Takeover: Evidence from a Large Panel of UK Firms
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew P. Dickerson & Heather D. Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 2003.
"Is attack the best form of defence? A competing risks analysis of acquisition activity in the UK,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 337-357, May.
- Andrew P. Dickerson & Heather D. Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 1999. "Is Attack the Best form of Defence? A Competing Risks Analysis of Acquisition Activity in the UK," Studies in Economics 9907, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Dickerson, Andrew P. & Gibson, Heather D. & Tsakalotos, Euclid, 2002.
"Takeover risk and the market for corporate control: the experience of British firms in the 1970s and 1980s,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1167-1195, October.
- Andrew P. Dickerson & Heather D. Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 1998. "Takeover Risk and the Market for Corporate Control: The Experience of British Firms in the 1970s and 1980s," Studies in Economics 9803, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Dimara, Efthalia & Tzelepis, Dimitris & Skuras, Dimitris, 2000. "Regional Development Incentives And Firm Survival: A Case Study Of The Greek Food Sector," ERSA conference papers ersa00p209, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsTakeovers; Dividends; Investment; Hazard Functions;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ukc:ukcedp:9707. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tracey Girling). General contact details of provider: http://www.kent.ac.uk/economics/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.