Regulation through a revenue contest
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1987. "Strategic Behavior in Contests," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 891-898, December.
- Bagnoli, Mark & Borenstein, Severin, 1991.
"Carrot and Yardstick Regulation: Enhancing Market Performance with Output Prizes,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 115-136, June.
- Bagnoli, M. & Borenstein, S., 1988. "Carrot And Yardstick Regulation: Enhancing Market Performance With Output Prizes," Papers 89-01, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1992.
"Regulation by Duopoly,"
IDEI Working Papers
20, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Charles D. Kolstad & Lars Mathiesen, 1987. "Necessary and Sufficient Conditions for Uniqueness of a Cournot Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(4), pages 681-690.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2004:i:3:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- AURIOL, Emmanuelle & PICARD, Pierre M., "undated".
"Infrastructure and public utilities privatization in developing countries,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
2180, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Emmanuelle Auriol & Pierre M. Picard, 2008. "Infrastructure and Public Utilities Privatization in Developing Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(1), pages 77-100, November.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Picard, Pierre M, 2006. "Infrastructure and Public Utilities Privatization in Developing Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 6018, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Picard, Pierre M., 2006. "Infrastructure and public utilities privatization in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3950, The World Bank.
- Chaim Fershtman & Kenneth L Judd, 1984.
"Equilibrium Incentives in Oligopoly,"
642, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Armstrong, Mark & Sappington, David E.M., 2007. "Recent Developments in the Theory of Regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
- Asher Wolinsky, 1994.
"Regulation of Duopoly: Managed Competition vs. Regulated Monopolies,"
1116, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Asher Wolinsky, 1997. "Regulation of Duopoly: Managed Competition vs Regulated Monopolies," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 821-847, December.
- Tangeras, Thomas P., 2002.
"Collusion-proof yardstick competition,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 231-254, February.
- Wang, Gyu Ho, 2000. "Regulating an oligopoly with unknown costs," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 813-825, July.
- Loeb, Martin & Magat, Wesley A, 1979. "A Decentralized Method for Utility Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 399-404, October.
- Matthias Kräkel, 2005. "Strategic delegation in oligopolistic tournaments," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 9(4), pages 377-396, December.
- David Collie, 2004. "Collusion and the elasticity of demand," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(3), pages 1-6.
- Joel Sobel, 1999. "A Reexamination of Yardstick Competition," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 33-60, 03.
- James J. Anton & Paul J. Gertler, 2004. "Regulation, Local Monopolies and Spatial Competition," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 115-141, 03.
- David P. Baron & David Besanko, 1984. "Regulation, Asymmetric Information, and Auditing," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 447-470, Winter.
- David Sappington, 1983. "Optimal Regulation of a Multiproduct Monopoly with Unknown Technological Capabilities," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 453-463, Autumn.
- Richard Schmalensee, 1976. "A Model of Promotional Competition in Oligopoly," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 493-507.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:99:y:2010:i:3:p:211-237. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.