How Relevant is Transaction Cost Economics to Inter-Firm Relationships in the Music Industry?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M., 1998. "Competence and contract in the theory of the firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 179-201, April.
- Eric Strobl & Clive Tucker, 2000.
"The Dynamics of Chart Success in the U.K. Pre-Recorded Popular Music Industry,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 24(2), pages 113-134, May.
- Strobl, E. & Tucker, C., 1999. "The Dynamics of Chart Success in the UK Pre-Resorded Popular Music Industry," Papers 99/10, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Andrew Burke, 1996.
"The dynamics of product differentiation in the British record industry,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 20(2), pages 145-164, June.
- Andrew E. Burke, 1995. "The Dynamics of Product Differentiation in the British Record Industry," Economics Technical Papers 951, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Coase, R H, 1992.
"The Institutional Structure of Production,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 713-719, September.
- Robert D. Dewar & Jane E. Dutton, 1986. "The Adoption of Radical and Incremental Innovations: An Empirical Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(11), pages 1422-1433, November.
- Bengt Holmstrom & John Roberts, 1998. "The Boundaries of the Firm Revisited," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 73-94, Fall.
- Throsby, David, 1994. "The Production and Consumption of the Arts: A View of Cultural Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Hamlen, William A, Jr, 1991. "Superstardom in Popular Music: Empirical Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 729-733, November.
- Huascar Pessali & Ramon Fernandez, 2005.
"Institutional Economics at the Micro Level? What Transaction Costs Theory Could Listen From Original Institutionalism (In the Spirit of Building Bridges),"
Method and Hist of Econ Thought
- Huascar Pessali & Ramon Fernandez, 2005. "Institutional Economics at the Micro Level? What Transaction Costs Theory Could Listen From Original Institutionalism (In the Spirit of Building Bridges)," Industrial Organization 0511006, EconWPA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bakker, Gerben, 2012. "Adopting the rights-based model: music multinationals and local music industries since 1945," Economic History Working Papers 47507, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Brinja Meiseberg, 2014. "Trust the artist versus trust the tale: performance implications of talent and self-marketing in folk music," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 38(1), pages 9-42, February.
- Rieple, Alison & Helm, Clive, 2008. "Outsourcing for competitive advantage: An examination of seven legacy airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 280-285.
- Julia Hiscock & David E. Hojman, 2004. "Where Have All the Flowers Gone? Coase Theorem Failures in English Summer Cultural Events: The Case of Sidmouth International Festival," Research Papers 200406, University of Liverpool Management School.
- Arai Koki, 2013. "Analyzing the Motivations of a Joint Venture to Provide High-Quality Music Download Service to Mobile Phones," Asian Journal of Law and Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1-2), pages 1-31, December.
More about this item
Keywordsalliances; popular music industry; transaction cost economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jculte:v:28:y:2004:i:1:p:57-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.