The Effect of P2P File Sharing on Music Markets: A Survival Analysis of Albums on Ranking Charts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravid, S Abraham, 1999. "Information, Blockbusters, and Stars: A Study of the Film Industry," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(4), pages 463-492, October.
- Eric Strobl & Clive Tucker, 2000.
"The Dynamics of Chart Success in the U.K. Pre-Recorded Popular Music Industry,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 24(2), pages 113-134, May.
- Strobl, E. & Tucker, C., 1999. "The Dynamics of Chart Success in the UK Pre-Resorded Popular Music Industry," Papers 99/10, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Adler, Moshe, 1985. "Stardom and Talent," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 208-212, March.
- Kathleen Reavis Conner & Richard P. Rumelt, 1991. "Software Piracy: An Analysis of Protection Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(2), pages 125-139, February.
- Bakos, Yannis & Brynjolfsson, Erik & Lichtman, Douglas, 1999. "Shared Information Goods," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(1), pages 117-155, April.
- W. Crain & Robert Tollison, 2002. "Consumer Choice and the Popular Music Industry: A Test of the Superstar Theory," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 29(1), pages 1-9, March.
- Franklin Mixon & Rand Ressler, 2000. "A Note on Elasticity and Price Dispersions in the Music Recording Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 17(4), pages 465-470, December.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Michael D. Smith, 2000.
"Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers,"
INFORMS, vol. 46(4), pages 563-585, April.
- Michael Smith & Erik Brynjolfsson, 1999. "Frictionless Commerce? A Comparison of Internet and Conventional Retailers," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1022, Society for Computational Economics.
- Chung, Kee H & Cox, Raymond A K, 1994. "A Stochastic Model of Superstardom: An Application of the Yule Distribution," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 771-775, November.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Cunningham, Brendan M. & Alexander, Peter J. & Adilov, Nodir, 2004. "Peer-to-peer file sharing communities," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 197-213, June.
- Hamlen, William A, Jr, 1991. "Superstardom in Popular Music: Empirical Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 729-733, November.
- MacDonald, Glenn M, 1988. "The Economics of Rising Stars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 155-166, March.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
- Bell, Ann Maria, 2002. "Locally interdependent preferences in a general equilibrium environment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 309-333, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bis:bisifc:44-12 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordspeer-to-peer; digitized music; online file sharing; survival.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2006-08-26 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-INO-2006-08-26 (Innovation)
- NEP-MKT-2006-08-26 (Marketing)
- NEP-NET-2006-08-26 (Network Economics)
- NEP-TID-2006-08-26 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:0526. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .