False Promises? A Sociological Critique of the Behavioural Turn in Law and Economics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christine Jolls & Cass R. Sunstein, 2006. "Debiasing through Law," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(1), pages 199-242, January.
- Richard H. Thaler & Cass R. Sunstein, 2003. "Libertarian Paternalism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 175-179, May.
- George A. Akerlof, 2009. "How Human Psychology Drives the Economy and Why It Matters," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1175-1175.
- Beckert, Jens & Streeck, Wolfgang, 2008.
"Economic sociology and political economy: A programmatic perspective,"
MPIfG Working Paper
08/4, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Jens Beckert & Wolfgang Streeck, 2015. "Economic Sociology and Political Economy: A Programmatic Perspective," Working Papers id:6403, eSocialSciences.
- Leiser, David & Bourgeois-Gironde, Sacha & Benita, Rinat, 2010. "Human foibles or systemic failure--Lay perceptions of the 2008-2009 financial crisis," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 132-141, April.
- Posner, Richard A., 2010. "The Crisis of Capitalist Democracy," Economics Books, Harvard University Press, number 9780674062191, December.
- Frerichs, Sabine, 2009. "The legal constitution of market society: Probing the economic sociology of law," economic sociology_the european electronic newsletter, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, vol. 10(3), pages 20-25.
- Morris Altman, 2006. "Human agency and free will: choice and determinism in economics," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(10), pages 677-697, October.
- Lewis, Alan, 2010. "The credit crunch: Ideological, psychological and epistemological perspectives," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 127-131, April.
- Marcellus Andrews, 2009. "Animal Spirits: How Human Psychology Drives the Economy, and Why It Matters for Global Capitalism, by George A. Akerlof and Robert J. Shiller," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(5), pages 126-131.
- Alexandre Padilla, 2009. "Review of Richard H. Thaler and Cass R. Sunstein, Nudge: Improving decisions about health, wealth, and happiness," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 22(4), pages 425-429, December.
- Matthew C. Stephenson, 2009. "Legal Realism for Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 191-211, Spring.
- Cynthia Harter, 2009. "Review of "Animal Spirits: How Human Psychology Drives the Economy and Why it Matters for Global Capitalism"," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 8(1), pages 155-157.
- Drazen Prelec & George Loewenstein, 1998. "The Red and the Black: Mental Accounting of Savings and Debt," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 4-28.
- Daniel McFadden, 2006. "Free Markets and Fettered Consumers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 5-29, March.
- Cass R. Sunstein & Richard H. Thaler, 2003. "Libertarian paternalism is not an oxymoron," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 48(Jun).
- Robert Sugden, 2009. "On Nudging: A Review of Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth and Happiness by Richard H. Thaler and Cass R. Sunstein," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 365-373.
- George B. Roberts, Chairman, Universities-National Bureau Committee for Economic Research, 1960. "Demographic and Economic Change in Developed Countries," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number univ60-2, June.
- Aaron Steelman, 2005. "Book review : The relentless pursuit of incentives. "Freakonomics : a rogue economist explores the hidden side of everything" by Stephen D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner," Econ Focus, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 46-47.
- Franziska Rischkowsky & Thomas Döring, 2008. "Consumer Policy in a Market Economy Considerations from the Perspective of the Economics of Information, the New Institutional Economics as well as Behavioural Economics," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 285-313, September.
- Roger E. A. Farmer, 2009. "Animal Spirits: How Human Psychology Drives the Economy, and Why it Matters for Global Capitalism," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(270), pages 357-358, September.
- Colander, David, 2009. "R. Thaler and C. Sunstein, Nudge: Improving Decisions about Health, Wealth, and Happiness , Yale University Press, New Haven (2008) pp. 293, $26.00, ISBN: 978-0-300-12223-7," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 541-542, June.
- Lucia A. Reisch, 2004. "Principles and Visions of a New Consumer Policy: Discussion Paper by the Scientific Advisory Board for Consumer, Food, and Nutrition Policy to the German Federal Ministry of Consumer Protection, Food,," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 1-42, March.
- Gail Mitchell Hoyt, 2009. "Review of "Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness"," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 8(1), pages 158-159.
- Joshua Hall, 2005. "Homer Economicus : Using The Simpsons to Teach Economics," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 20(Spring 20), pages 166-177.
- Joseph Henrich & Robert Boyd & Samuel Bowles & Colin Camerer & Ernst Fehr & Herbert Gintis & Richard McElreath & Michael Alvard & Abigail Barr & Jean Ensminger & Kim Hill & Francisco Gil-White & Micha, 2001. "Economic Man in Cross-Cultural Perspective: Behavioral Experiments in Fifteen Small-Scale Societies," Working Papers 01-11-063, Santa Fe Institute.
- Richard H. Thaler, 2000. "From Homo Economicus to Homo Sapiens," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 133-141, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Cristiano Codagnone & Giuseppe A. Veltri, 2016. "An introduction to the special issue on “the behavioural turn in public policy: new evidence from experiments”," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 33(3), pages 323-332, December.
- Bogliacino, Francesco & Codagnone, Cristiano, 2017. "Microfoundations, Behaviour, and Evolution: Evidence from Experiments," MPRA Paper 82479, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Lunn, 2015.
"Are Consumer Decision-Making Phenomena a Fourth Market Failure?,"
Journal of Consumer Policy,
Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 315-330, September.
- Lunn, Pete, 2013. "Are Consumer Decision-Making Phenomena a Fourth Market Failure?," Papers WP455, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Mira Fischer & Sebastian Lotz, 2014. "Is Soft Paternalism Ethically Legitimate? - The Relevance of Psychological Processes for the Assessment of Nudge-Based Policies," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 05-02, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Pedro FrancŽs-G—mez & Lorenzo Sacconi & Marco Faillo, 2012. "Behavioral Business Ethics as a Method for Normative Business Ethics," Econometica Working Papers wp42, Econometica.
More about this item
KeywordsBehavioural economics; Consumer law; Economic sociology; Culture; Human condition;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jcopol:v:34:y:2011:i:3:p:289-314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .