The “Euro Illusion”: Illusion or Fact?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 30 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/social+sciences/journal/10603/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krzysztof Przybyszewski & Tadeusz Tyszka, 2007. "Emotional Factors in Currency Perception," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 355-365, December.
- Raghubir, Priya & Srivastava, Joydeep, 2002. " Effect of Face Value on Product Valuation in Foreign Currencies," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 335-347, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3583 is not listed on IDEAS
- Svedsater, Henrik & Gamble, Amelie & Garling, Tommy, 2007. "Money illusion in intuitive financial judgments: Influences of nominal representation of share prices," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 698-712, October.
- Eva Hofmann & Erich Kirchler & Bernadette Kamleitner, 2007. "Consumer Adaptation Strategies: From Austrian Shilling to the Euro," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 367-381, December.
- Cannon, Edmund & Cipriani, Giam Pietro, 2006.
"Euro-Illusion: A Natural Experiment,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(5), pages 1391-1403, August.
- Edmund Cannon & Giam Pietro Cipriani, 2003. "Euro-illusion: a natural experiment," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 03/556, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Eldar Shafir & Peter Diamond & Amos Tversky, 1997. "Money Illusion," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 341-374.
- Ehrmann, Michael, 2006. "Rational inattention, inflation developments and perceptions after the euro cash changeover," Working Paper Series 588, European Central Bank.
- Bettman, James R & Luce, Mary Frances & Payne, John W, 1998. " Constructive Consumer Choice Processes," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 187-217, December.
- J. Marques, 2007. "The Euro Changeover and Numerical Intuition for Prices in the Old and New Currencies," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 393-403, December.
- Tyszka, Tadeusz & Przybyszewski, Krzysztof, 2006. "Cognitive and emotional factors affecting currency perception," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 518-530, August.
- Pierre Desmet, 2002. "A study of the Potential Effects of the Conversion to Euro," Post-Print halshs-00143391, HAL.
- Fabio Missier & Nicolao Bonini & Rob Ranyard, 2007. "The Euro Illusion in Consumers’ Price Estimation: An Italian–Irish Comparison in the Third Year of the Euro," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 337-354, December.
- Mussweiler, Thomas & Strack, Fritz, 2004. "The Euro in the common European market: A single currency increases the comparability of prices," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 557-563, October.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Patrick Lemaire, 2007. "The Impact of the Euro Changeover on Between-Currency Conversions," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 383-391, December.
- Mussweiler, Thomas & Englich, Birte, 2003. "Adapting to the Euro: Evidence from bias reduction," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 285-292, June.
- Fabrizio Adriani & Giancarlo Marini & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 2009. "The Inflationary Consequences of a Currency Changeover on the Catering Sector: Evidence from the Michelin Red Guide," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 71(1), pages 111-133, 02.
- Fabrizio Adriani & Giancarlo Marini & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 2008. "The Inflationary Consequences of a Currency Changeover on the Catering Sector: Evidence from the Michelin Red Guide," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 08/604, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jcopol:v:30:y:2007:i:4:p:323-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.