The Harm of Symbolic Actions and Green-Washing: Corporate Actions and Communications on Environmental Performance and Their Financial Implications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shameek Konar & Mark A. Cohen, 2001. "Does The Market Value Environmental Performance?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 281-289, May.
- Salzmann, Oliver & Ionescu-somers, Aileen & Steger, Ulrich, 2005. "The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability:: Literature Review and Research Options," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 27-36, February.
- Yu-Shan Chen & Shyh-Bao Lai & Chao-Tung Wen, 2006. "The Influence of Green Innovation Performance on Corporate Advantage in Taiwan," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 331-339.
- Stephen J. Brammer & Stephen Pavelin, 2006. "Corporate Reputation and Social Performance: The Importance of Fit," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 435-455, May.
- Petra Christmann & Glen Taylor, 2006. "Firm self-regulation through international certifiable standards: determinants of symbolic versus substantive implementation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(6), pages 863-878, November.
- Jorge Arevalo, 2010. "Critical Reflective Organizations: An Empirical Observation of Global Active Citizenship and Green Politics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 96(2), pages 299-316, October.
- Itziar Castelló & Josep Lozano, 2011. "Searching for New Forms of Legitimacy Through Corporate Responsibility Rhetoric," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 11-29.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Mike Adams, 1998. "An Analysis of Corporate Donations: United Kingdom Evidence," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(5), pages 641-654, September.
- André Habisch & Lorenzo Patelli & Matteo Pedrini & Christoph Schwartz, 2011. "Different Talks with Different Folks: A Comparative Survey of Stakeholder Dialog in Germany, Italy, and the U.S," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 381-404.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hjort, Ingrid, 2016. "Potential Climate Risks in Financial Markets: A Literature Overview," Memorandum 01/2016, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Newton, Joshua D. & Tsarenko, Yelena & Ferraro, Carla & Sands, Sean, 2015. "Environmental concern and environmental purchase intentions: The mediating role of learning strategy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(9), pages 1974-1981.
- Aoife Brophy Haney, 2015. "Managerial interpretation and innovation in the context of climate change," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1524, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2758-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Costa-Campi, M.T. & García-Quevedo, J. & Martínez-Ros, E., 2017.
"What are the determinants of investment in environmental R&D?,"
Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 455-465.
- Maria Teresa Costa-Campi & José García-Quevedo & Ester Martínez-Ros, 2016. "What are the determinants of investment in environmental R&D?," Working Papers 2016/13, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Siano, Alfonso & Vollero, Agostino & Conte, Francesca & Amabile, Sara, 2017. "“More than words”: Expanding the taxonomy of greenwashing after the Volkswagen scandal," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 27-37.
- Amparo Baviera-Puig & Tomás Gómez-Navarro & Mónica García-Melón & Gabriel García-Martínez, 2015. "Assessing the Communication Quality of CSR Reports. A Case Study on Four Spanish Food Companies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(8), pages 1-22, August.
- Kunapatarawong, Rasi & Martínez-Ros, Ester, 2016. "Towards green growth: How does green innovation affect employment?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(6), pages 1218-1232.
- Zelong Wei & Hao Shen & Kevin Zheng Zhou & Julie Juan Li, 2017. "How Does Environmental Corporate Social Responsibility Matter in a Dysfunctional Institutional Environment? Evidence from China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 209-223.
- Da-Chang Pai & Chi-Shiun Lai & Chih-Jen Chiu & Chin-Fang Yang, 2015. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Brand Advocacy in Business-to-Business Market: The Mediated Moderating Effect of Attribution," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 126(4), pages 685-696, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:8:p:1385-:d:107147 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:142:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2740-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Marian Siminica & Liviu Craciun & Adina Dinu, 2015. "The Impact of Corporate Sustainability Strategies on the Financial Performance of Romanian Companies in the Context of Green Marketing," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 17(40), pages 994-994, August.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:10:p:1778-:d:113764 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2015:i:1:p:23:d:61414 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baviera-Puig, Amparo & GarcÃa-MartÃnez, Gabriel & GÃ³mez-Navarro, TomÃ¡s, 2014. "Propuesta metodolÃ³gica mediante ANP para la evaluaciÃ³n de las memorias de sostenibilidad del sector agroalimentario espaÃ±ol," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 14(1).
- Ionel Jianu & Carmen Ţurlea & Ionela Guşatu, 2015. "The Reporting and Sustainable Business Marketing," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(1), pages 1-12, December.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2807-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Banu Dincer, 2016. "The Role of Sustainability Disclosures for the Capital Market Participants: Evidence from Turkey," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 6(4), pages 134-141, October.
- Leila Elgaaïed-Gambier, 2016. "Who Buys Overpackaged Grocery Products and Why? Understanding Consumers’ Reactions to Overpackaging in the Food Sector," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 683-698.
- Kent Walker & Na Ni & Weidong Huo, 2014. "Is the Red Dragon Green? An Examination of the Antecedents and Consequences of Environmental Proactivity in China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 27-43.
- Nathalie Meißner & Ulrike Grote, 2017. "Motives, opportunities, and risks for private sector investment in protected areas with international importance: evidence from German companies," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 199-219, February.
- Carmen Valentina RÃDULESCU & Ildiko IOAN & Marian NÃSTASE, 2016. "Premises of the Green Business Strategies," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 17(2), pages 108-113, May.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate environmental performance; Corporate websites; Green-highlighting; Green-washing; Substantive actions; Symbolic actions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:109:y:2012:i:2:p:227-242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.