Harmony, Justice, Confusion, and Conflict in Family Firms: Implications for Ethical Climate and the “Fredo Effect”
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Detmar Straub & Moez Limayem & Elena Karahanna-Evaristo, 1995. "Measuring System Usage: Implications for IS Theory Testing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(8), pages 1328-1342, August.
- Kellermanns, Franz W. & Eddleston, Kimberly A., 2007. "A family perspective on when conflict benefits family firm performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 1048-1057, October.
- Danny Miller & Isabelle Le Breton-Miller & Barry Scholnick, 2008. "Stewardship vs. Stagnation: An Empirical Comparison of Small Family and Non-Family Businesses," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 51-78, January.
- Martin, Kelly D. & Johnson, Jean L. & Cullen, John B., 2009. "Organizational Change, Normative Control Deinstitutionalization, and Corruption," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 105-130, January.
- Cohen, Deborah Vidaver, 1993. "Creating and Maintaining Ethical Work Climates: Anomie in the Workplace and Implications for Managing Change," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(04), pages 343-358, October.
- Jean-Luc Arregle & Michael A. Hitt & David G. Sirmon & Philippe Very, 2007. "The Development of Organizational Social Capital: Attributes of Family Firms," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 73-95, January.
- Eddleston, Kimberly A. & Kellermanns, Franz W., 2007. "Destructive and productive family relationships: A stewardship theory perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 545-565, July.
- Kelly Martin & John Cullen, 2006. "Continuities and Extensions of Ethical Climate Theory: A Meta-Analytic Review," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 175-194, December.
- Treviño, Linda Klebe & Butterfield, Kenneth D. & McCabe, Donald L., 1998. "The Ethical Context in Organizations: Influences on Employee Attitudes and Behaviors," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 447-476, July.
- Zahra, Shaker A., 2003. "International expansion of U.S. manufacturing family businesses: the effect of ownership and involvement," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 495-512, July.
- Chrisman, James J. & McMullan, Ed & Hall, Jeremy, 2005. "The influence of guided preparation on the long-term performance of new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 769-791, November.
- Ross, William T. & Robertson, Diana C., 2000. "Lying: The Impact of Decision Context," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 409-440, April.
- Alpay, Güven & Bodur, Muzaffer & YIlmaz, Cengiz & Çetinkaya, Saadet & ArIkan, Laçin, 2008. "Performance implications of institutionalization process in family-owned businesses: Evidence from an emerging economy," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 435-448, October.
- L.A.A. Berghe & Steven Carchon, 2003. "Agency Relations within the Family Business System: an exploratory approach," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 171-179, July.
- Olson, Patricia D. & Zuiker, Virginia S. & Danes, Sharon M. & Stafford, Kathryn & Heck, Ramona K. Z. & Duncan, Karen A., 2003. "The impact of the family and the business on family business sustainability," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 639-666, September.
- Manuel Vallejo, 2008. "Is the Culture of Family Firms Really Different? A Value-based Model for Its Survival through Generations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 261-279, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:jmgtco:v:28:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s00187-018-0255-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sciascia, Salvatore & Mazzola, Pietro & Kellermanns, Franz W., 2014. "Family management and profitability in private family-owned firms: Introducing generational stage and the socioemotional wealth perspective," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 131-137.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:84:y:2018:i:c:p:327-336 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:jbecon:v:87:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s11573-016-0835-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFamily firms; Deviant behavior; Ethical climate; Relationship conflict; Family harmony norms;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:106:y:2012:i:4:p:503-517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .