Euro membership and fiscal reaction functions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Weichenrieder, Alfons J. & Zimmer, Jochen, 2013. "Euro membership and fiscal reaction functions," SAFE Working Paper Series 18, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Alfons J. Weichenrieder & Jochen Zimmer, 2013. "Euro Membership and Fiscal Reaction Functions," CESifo Working Paper Series 4255, CESifo Group Munich.
- Zimmer, Jochen & Weichenrieder, Alfons, 2013. "Euro Membership and Fiscal Reaction Functions," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 80045, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hamilton, James D & Flavin, Marjorie A, 1986.
"On the Limitations of Government Borrowing: A Framework for EmpiricalTesting,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 808-819, September.
- James D. Hamilton & Marjorie A. Flavin, 1985. "On the Limitations of Government Borrowing: A Framework for Empirical Testing," NBER Working Papers 1632, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hakkio, Craig S & Rush, Mark, 1991. "Is the Budget Deficit "Too Large?"," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(3), pages 429-445, July.
- Haug, Alfred A, 1991. "Cointegration and Government Borrowing Constraints: Evidence for the United States," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(1), pages 97-101, January.
- Mendoza, Enrique G. & Ostry, Jonathan D., 2008.
"International evidence on fiscal solvency: Is fiscal policy "responsible"?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 1081-1093, September.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Jonathan David Ostry, 2007. "International Evidenceon Fiscal Solvency; Is Fiscal Policy "Responsible"?," IMF Working Papers 07/56, International Monetary Fund.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Jonathan D. Ostry, 2007. "International Evidence on Fiscal Solvency: Is Fiscal Policy "Responsible"?," NBER Working Papers 12947, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Jun I. Kim & Enrique G. Mendoza & Jonathan D. Ostry & Mahvash S. Qureshi, 2013.
"Fiscal Fatigue, Fiscal Space and Debt Sustainability in Advanced Economies,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 0, pages 4-30, February.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Jun I. Kim & Enrique G. Mendoza & Jonathan D. Ostry & Mahvash S. Qureshi, 2011. "Fiscal Fatigue, Fiscal Space and Debt Sustainability in Advanced Economies," NBER Working Papers 16782, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henning Bohn, 1998. "The Behavior of U. S. Public Debt and Deficits," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 949-963.
- Alfred Greiner & Uwe Köller & Willi Semmler, 2007. "Debt sustainability in the European Monetary Union: Theory and empirical evidence for selected countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(2), pages 194-218, April.
- Fincke Bettina & Greiner Alfred, 2011. "Debt Sustainability in Selected Euro Area Countries: Empirical Evidence Estimating Time-Varying Parameters," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 15(3), pages 1-23, May.
- Wilcox, David W, 1989.
"The Sustainability of Government Deficits: Implications of the Present-Value Borrowing Constraint,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(3), pages 291-306, August.
- David W. Wilcox, 1987. "The substainability of government deficits: implications of the present- value borrowing constraint," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 77, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Thomas Moutos & Christos Tsitsikas, 2010.
"Whither Public Interest: The Case of Greece's Public Finances,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 66(2), pages 170-206, June.
- Thomas Moutos & Christos Tsitsikas, 2010. "Whither Public Interest: The Case of Greece's Public Finances," CESifo Working Paper Series 3098, CESifo Group Munich.
- Trehan, Bharat & Walsh, Carl E, 1991.
"Testing Intertemporal Budget Constraints: Theory and Applications to U.S. Federal Budget and Current Account Deficits,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 206-223, May.
- Bharat Trehan & Carl E. Walsh, 1988. "Testing intertemporal budget constraints: theory and applications to U. S. federal budget and current account deficits," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 88-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Daniel, Betty C. & Shiamptanis, Christos, 2013.
"Pushing the limit? Fiscal policy in the European Monetary Union,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 2307-2321.
- Betty Daniel & Christos Shiamptanis, 2012. "Pushing the Limit? Fiscal Policy in the European Monetary Union," Working Papers 033, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Piotr Ciżkowicz & Andrzej Rzońca & Rafał Trzeciakowski, 2015.
"Windfall of Low Interest Payments and Fiscal Sustainability in the Euro Area: Analysis through Panel Fiscal Reaction Functions,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(4), pages 475-510, November.
- Piotr Ciżkowicz & Andrzej Rzońca & Rafał Trzeciakowski, 2015. "Membership in the Euro area and fiscal sustainability. Analysis through panel fiscal reaction functions," NBP Working Papers 203, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Cizkowicz, Piotr & Rzonca, Andrzej & Trzeciakowski, Rafal, 2015. "Membership in the Euro area and fiscal sustainability. Analysis through panel fiscal reaction functions," MPRA Paper 61560, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Piotr Ciżkowicz & Andrzej Rzońca & Rafał Trzeciakowski, 2015. "Membership in the Euro area and fiscal sustainability - Analysis through panel fiscal reaction functions," a/ Working Papers Series 1501, Italian Association for the Study of Economic Asymmetries, Rome (Italy).
- Dirk Bursian & Alfons Weichenrieder & Jochen Zimmer, 2015.
"Trust in government and fiscal adjustments,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 22(4), pages 663-682, August.
- Bursian, Dirk & Weichenrieder, Alfons J. & Zimmer, Jochen, 2013. "Trust in government and fiscal adjustments," SAFE Working Paper Series 22, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Dirk Bursian & Alfons J. Weichenrieder & Jochen Zimmer, 2013. "Trust in Government and Fiscal Adjustments," CESifo Working Paper Series 4310, CESifo Group Munich.
- Weichenrieder, Alfons & Bursian, Dirk & Zimmer, Jochen, 2014. "Trust in Government and Fiscal Adjustments," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100369, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ferdinandusse, Marien & Checherita-Westphal, Cristina & Attinasi, Maria Grazia & Lalouette, Larue & Bańkowski, Krzysztof & Palaiodimos, Georgios & Trindade Campos, Maria Manuel, 2017. "Euro area fiscal stance," Occasional Paper Series 182, European Central Bank.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:85-97 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karlis Vilerts & Olegs Tkacevs, 2016. "The Impact of Sovereign Bond Yields on Fiscal Discipline," Working Papers 2016/05, Latvijas Banka.
- Paniagua, Jordi & Sapena, Juan & Tamarit, Cecilio, 2017.
"Fiscal sustainability in EMU countries: A continued fiscal commitment?,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 85-97.
- Jordi Paniagua & Juan Sapena & Cecilio Tamarit, 2016. "Fiscal Sustainability in EMU contries: A continued Fiscal commitment?," Working Papers 1608, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Checherita-Westphal, Cristina & Žďárek, Václav, 2017. "Fiscal reaction function and fiscal fatigue: evidence for the euro area," Working Paper Series 2036, European Central Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt sustainability; Fiscal reaction function; Euro area; H62; E62;
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:21:y:2014:i:4:p:598-613. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.