Externalities — A market model failure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "On Taxation and the Control of Externalities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 307-322, June.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, April.
- Perrings,Charles, 1987. "Economy and Environment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521340816.
- Vatn Arild & Bromley Daniel W., 1994. "Choices without Prices without Apologies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 129-148, March.
- Ronald C. Griffin, 1995. "On the Meaning of Economic Efficiency in Policy Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(1), pages 1-15.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nilsson, Fredrik Olof Laurentius, 2008. "Applied economics of multifunctional agriculture," Department of Economics publications 1768, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Mbatha, C. Nhlanhla & Antrobus, G.G., 2008. "Institutions and economic research: a case of location externalities on agricultural resource allocation in the Kat River basin, South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 47(4), December.
- Mumbunan, Sonny & Ring, Irene & Lenk, Thomas, 2012. "Ecological fiscal transfers at the provincial level in Indonesia," UFZ Discussion Papers 06/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Greiner, Romy & Cacho, Oscar, 2001. "On the efficient use of a catchment's land and water resources: dryland salinization in Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 441-458, September.
- Zylicz, Tomasz, 2010. "Goals and Principles of Environmental Policy," International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, now publishers, vol. 3(4), pages 299-334, May.
- Ana Iolanda Voda & Catalin Chiriac, 2012. "An inexhaustive criticism of the standard economic theory from an Austrian perspective related to growth and development," Review of Applied Socio-Economic Research, Pro Global Science Association, vol. 3(1), pages 195-202, July.
- repec:bla:srbeha:v:34:y:2017:i:5:p:637-642 is not listed on IDEAS
- Remig, Moritz C., 2017. "Structured pluralism in ecological economics — A reply to Peter Söderbaum's commentary," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 533-537.
- Ceddia, Michele Graziano & Bartlett, Mark & Lucia, Caterina De & Perrings, Charles, 2011. "On the regulation of spatial externalities: coexistence between GM and conventional crops in the EU and the ‘newcomer principle’," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(1), March.
- Daniel Bromley, 2004. "Reconsidering Environmental Policy: Prescriptive Consequentialism and Volitional Pragmatism," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 28(1), pages 73-99, May.
- Daniel W. Bromley, 1996. "The Environmental Implications of Agriculture," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 401, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Vatn, Arild, 2010. "An institutional analysis of payments for environmental services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1245-1252, April.
- Remig, Moritz C., 2015. "Unraveling the veil of fuzziness: A thick description of sustainability economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 194-202.
More about this item
Keywordsexternalities; market model; rights; Pigovian taxes; Coase Theorem; social costs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:9:y:1997:i:2:p:135-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.