Generating Enhanced Fishery Rents by Internalizing Product Quality Characteristics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth E. McConnell & Ivar E. Strand, 2000. "Hedonic Prices for Fish: Tuna Prices in Hawaii," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(1), pages 133-144.
- J. Douglas MacDonald & R. L. Mazany, 1984. "Quality Improvement: Panacea for the Atlantic Fishing Industry?," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 10(3), pages 278-286, September.
- Robert L. Kellogg & J. E. Easley & Thomas Johnson, 1988. "Optimal Timing of Harvest for the North Carolina Bay Scallop Fishery," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 70(1), pages 50-62.
- Michael T. Carroll & James L. Anderson & Josué Martínez-Garmendia, 2001. "Pricing U.S. North Atlantic bluefin tuna and implications for management," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 243-254.
- Sherry L. Larkin & Gilbert Sylvia, 1999. "Intrinsic Fish Characteristics and Intraseason Production Efficiency: A Management-Level Bioeconomic Analysis of a Commercial Fishery," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 29-43.
- Ola Flaaten, 1983. "The Optimal Harvesting of a Natural Resource with Seasonal Growth," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(3), pages 447-462, August.
- Homans, Frances R. & Wilen, James E., 1997. "A Model of Regulated Open Access Resource Use," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Freese, Stephen & Glock, James & Squires, Dale, 1995. "Direct allocation of resources and cost-benefit analysis in fisheries: an application to pacific whiting," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 199-211, May.
- Larkin, Sherry L. & Sylvia, Gilbert, 1998. "Firm-Level Hedonic Analyses Of U.S. Produced Surimi: Implications For Processors And Resource Managers," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20916, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
Keywordsbioeconomic model; fisheries management; fish processing; golden rule; hedonic price function; intrinsic fish quality; Pacific whiting; recovery rate;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:28:y:2004:i:1:p:101-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.