Generating Enhanced Fishery Rents by Internalizing Product Quality Characteristics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth E. McConnell & Ivar E. Strand, 2000. "Hedonic Prices for Fish: Tuna Prices in Hawaii," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(1), pages 133-144.
- J. Douglas MacDonald & R. L. Mazany, 1984. "Quality Improvement: Panacea for the Atlantic Fishing Industry?," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 10(3), pages 278-286, September.
- Robert L. Kellogg & J. E. Easley & Thomas Johnson, 1988. "Optimal Timing of Harvest for the North Carolina Bay Scallop Fishery," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 70(1), pages 50-62.
- Michael T. Carroll & James L. Anderson & Josué Martínez-Garmendia, 2001. "Pricing U.S. North Atlantic bluefin tuna and implications for management," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 243-254.
- Sherry L. Larkin & Gilbert Sylvia, 1999. "Intrinsic Fish Characteristics and Intraseason Production Efficiency: A Management-Level Bioeconomic Analysis of a Commercial Fishery," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 29-43.
- Ola Flaaten, 1983. "The Optimal Harvesting of a Natural Resource with Seasonal Growth," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(3), pages 447-462, August.
- Homans, Frances R. & Wilen, James E., 1997. "A Model of Regulated Open Access Resource Use," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Freese, Stephen & Glock, James & Squires, Dale, 1995. "Direct allocation of resources and cost-benefit analysis in fisheries: an application to pacific whiting," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 199-211, May.
- Larkin, Sherry L. & Sylvia, Gilbert, 1998. "Firm-Level Hedonic Analyses Of U.S. Produced Surimi: Implications For Processors And Resource Managers," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20916, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
Keywordsbioeconomic model; fisheries management; fish processing; golden rule; hedonic price function; intrinsic fish quality; Pacific whiting; recovery rate;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:28:y:2004:i:1:p:101-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .