Money growth, uncertainty and macroeconomic activity: a multivariate GARCH analysis
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael T. Belongia, 1984. "Money growth variability and GNP," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Apr, pages 23-31.
- Claudio E. V. Borio, 2006. "Monetary and prudential policies at a crossroads? New challenges in the new century," BIS Working Papers 216, Bank for International Settlements.
- Lemke, Wolfgang & Greiber, Claus, 2005. "Money demand and macroeconomic uncertainty," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,26, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Choi, Woon Gyu & Oh, Seonghwan, 2003. " A Money Demand Function with Output Uncertainty, Monetary Uncertainty, and Financial Innovations," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(5), pages 685-709, October.
- Grier, Kevin B. & Perry, Mark J., 1998. "On inflation and inflation uncertainty in the G7 countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 671-689, August.
- repec:ubc:bricol:96-04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stilianos Fountas & Menelaos Karanasos & Jinki Kim, 2006. "Inflation Uncertainty, Output Growth Uncertainty and Macroeconomic Performance," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(3), pages 319-343, 06.
- Milton Friedman, 1961. "The Lag in Effect of Monetary Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 447.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Shahmoradi, Akbar, 2006. "Velocity And The Variability Of Money Growth: Evidence From A Varma, Garch-M Model," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(05), pages 652-666, November.
- Stilianos Fountas & Menelaos Karanasos, 2002.
"Inflation, Output Growth, and Nominal and Real Uncertainty: Empirical Evidence for the G7,"
0064, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2002.
- Fountas, Stilianos & Karanasos, Menelaos, 2007. "Inflation, output growth, and nominal and real uncertainty: Empirical evidence for the G7," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 229-250, March.
- Joseph Atta-Mensah, 2004. "Money Demand and Economic Uncertainty," Working Papers 04-25, Bank of Canada.
- Don Bredin & Stilianos Fountas, 2004.
"Macroeconomic Uncertainty and Macroeconomic Performance: Are they related?,"
Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004
51, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Don Bredin & Stilianos Fountas, 2005. "Macroeconomic Uncertainty And Macroeconomic Performance: Are They Related?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 73(s1), pages 58-76, 09.
- Thornton, John, 1995. "Friedman's Money Supply Volatility Hypothesis: Some International Evidence: Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 288-92, February.
- Friedman, Milton, 1983. "Monetary Variability: United States and Japan," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 15(3), pages 339-43, August.
- Carstensen, Kai, 2006.
"Stock Market Downswing and the Stability of European Monetary Union Money Demand,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 24, pages 395-402, October.
- Carstensen, Kai, 2006. "Stock market downswing and the stability of European monetary union money demand," Munich Reprints in Economics 19940, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:empiri:v:38:y:2011:i:2:p:155-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.