Money Demand and Economic Uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Godbout, M.J. & Van Norden, S., 1996. "Unit-Root Test and Excess Returns," Staff Working Papers 96-10, Bank of Canada.
- Ali Dib, 2003.
"An estimated Canadian DSGE model with nominal and real rigidities,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(4), pages 949-972, November.
- Ali Dib, 2001. "An Estimated Canadian DSGE Model with Nominal and Real Rigidities," Staff Working Papers 01-26, Bank of Canada.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-472, August.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S, 1993. "Finite-Sample Sizes of Johansen's Likelihood Ration Tests for Conintegration," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 55(3), pages 313-328, August.
- Ireland, Peter N., 1997. "A small, structural, quarterly model for monetary policy evaluation," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 83-108, December.
- Joseph Atta-Mensah, 2004. "The Demand for Money in a Stochastic Environment," Staff Working Papers 04-7, Bank of Canada.
- Kim, Jinill, 2000. "Constructing and estimating a realistic optimizing model of monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 329-359, April.
- Choi, Woon Gyu & Oh, Seonghwan, 2003. " A Money Demand Function with Output Uncertainty, Monetary Uncertainty, and Financial Innovations," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(5), pages 685-709, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Franz Seitz & Julian von Landesberger, 2012. "Household Money Demand: The Euro Area Case," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 148(III), pages 409-438, September.
- Birendra Bahadur Budha, 2011. "An Empirical Analysis of Money Demand Function in Nepal," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 23(1), pages 54-70, April.
- Wei Liao & Sampawende J Tapsoba, 2014. "China’s Monetary Policy and Interest Rate Liberalization; Lessons from International Experiences," IMF Working Papers 14/75, International Monetary Fund.
- K. Azim Özdemir & Mesut Saygili, 2013. "Economic uncertainty and money demand stability in Turkey," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(3), pages 314-333, July.
- Farshid Pourshahabi & Nazar Dahmardeh, 2015. "Economic Sanctions, Speculative Attacks and Currency Crisis," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(2), pages 340-355, February.
- Helmut Herwartz & Jordi Sardà & Bernd Theilen, 2016. "Money demand and the shadow economy: empirical evidence from OECD countries," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 1627-1645, June.
- Ingrid Groessl & Artur Tarassow, 2015.
"A Microfounded Model of Money Demand Under Uncertainty, and some Empirical Evidence,"
Macroeconomics and Finance Series
201504, Hamburg University, Department Wirtschaft und Politik, revised Jan 2018.
- Ingrid Groessl & Artur Tarassow, 2018. "A Microfounded Model of Money Demand Under Uncertainty, and some Empirical Evidence," Macroeconomics and Finance Series 201802, Hamburg University, Department Wirtschaft und Politik.
- Pei-Tha Gan, 2014. "The Optimal Economic Uncertainty Index: A Grid Search Application," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 159-182, February.
- Mierzejewski, Fernando, 2007. "An actuarial approach to short-run monetary equilibrium," MPRA Paper 2424, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fassil Fanta, 2012. "Macroeconomic uncertainty, excess liquidity and stability of money demand (M3) in Australia," International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(4), pages 325-344.
- Shehu El-Rasheed & Hussin Abdullah & Jauhari Dahalan, 2017. "Monetary Uncertainty and Demand for Money Stability in Nigeria: An Autoregressive Distributed Lag Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 601-607.
- Pereira, Rodrigo Mendes, 2008. "Investimento e Incerteza em Máquinas e Imóveis," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 62(3), November.
- Franz Seitz & Julian von Landesberger, 2014.
"Household Money Holdings in the Euro Area: An Explorative Investigation,"
Journal of Banking and Financial Economics,
University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 2(2), pages 83-115, November.
- Seitz, Franz & von Landesberger, Julian, 2010. "Household money holdings in the euro area: An explorative investigation," Working Paper Series 1238, European Central Bank.
- Dakhlaoui, Imen & Aloui, Chaker, 2016.
"The interactive relationship between the US economic policy uncertainty and BRIC stock markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 141-157.
- Imen Dakhlaoui & Chaker Aloui, 2016. "The Interactive Relationship Between the US Economic Policy Uncertainty and BRIC Stock Markets," International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 146, pages 141-157.
- Mierzejewski, Fernando, 2006. "Liquidity preference as rational behaviour under uncertainty," MPRA Paper 2771, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cronin, David & Kennedy, Bernard, 2007. "Does Uncertainty Impact Money Growth? A Multivariate GARCH Analysis," Research Technical Papers 6/RT/07, Central Bank of Ireland.
- David Cronin & Robert Kelly & Bernard Kennedy, 2011. "Money growth, uncertainty and macroeconomic activity: a multivariate GARCH analysis," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 38(2), pages 155-167, May.
- Hyunjoo Ryou & Cristina Terra, 2015. "Exchange Rate Dynamics under Financial Market Frictions," THEMA Working Papers 2015-03, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Browne, Frank & Kelly, Robert, 2009. "Money and uncertainty in democratised financial markets," Research Technical Papers 16/RT/09, Central Bank of Ireland.
More about this item
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2004-08-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2004-08-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2004-08-23 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:04-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.