Representation and Educational Background of European Economists in Top Journals of Economics
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kirman, Alan & Dahl, Mogens, 1994. "Economic research in Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 505-522, April.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M & Rothman, Harry, 1999. "The Editors and Authors of Economics Journals: A Case of Institutional Oligopoly?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages F165-86, February.
- Kocher, Martin G & Sutter, Matthias, 2001. "The Institutional Concentration of Authors in Top Journals of Economics during the Last Two Decades," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(472), pages F405-21, June.
- Bruno S. Frey, 2000.
"Was Bewirkt die Volkswirtschaftslehre?,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(1), pages 5-33, 02.
- Bruno S. Frey & Reiner Eichenberger, 1993. "American and European Economics and Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 185-193, Fall.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Luptacik, Mikulas & Sutter, Matthias, 2006.
"Measuring productivity of research in economics: A cross-country study using DEA,"
Socio-Economic Planning Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 314-332, December.
- Martin G. Kocher & Mikulas Luptacik & Matthias Sutter, 2001. "Measuring Productivity of Research in Economics. A Cross-Country Study Using DEA," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp077, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Matthias Sutter & Martin G. Kocher, 2001. "Tools for Evaluating Research Output," Evaluation Review, , vol. 25(5), pages 555-566, October.
- Paul J. Pieper & Rachel A. Willis, 1999. "The Doctoral Origins of Economics Faculty and the Education of New Economics Doctorates," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 80-88, January.
- Jerry G. Thursby, 2000. "What Do We Say about Ourselves and What Does It Mean? Yet Another Look at Economics Department Research," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(2), pages 383-404, June.
- Richard Dusansky & Clayton J. Vernon, 1998. "Rankings of U.S. Economics Departments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 157-170, Winter.
- Elliott, Caroline & Greenaway, David & Sapsford, David, 1998. "Who's publishing who? The national composition of contributors to some core US and European journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 201-206, January.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 1999. "The Changing Distributions of New Ph.D. Economists and Their Employment: Implications for the Future," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 135-138, Summer.
- Machin, Stephen & Oswald, Andrew, 2000. "UK Economics and the Future Supply of Academic Economists," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(464), pages F334-49, June.
- Mayer, Thomas, 1995. "Differences in Economics: Europe and the United States," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 241-49.
- Mueller, Dennis C, 1995. "American and European Economists," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 251-55.
- Buchanan, James M, 1995. "Economic Science and Cultural Diversity," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 193-200.
- Baumol, William J, 1995. "What's Different about European Economics?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 187-92.
- John J. Siegfried & Wendy A. Stock, 1999. "The Labor Market for New Ph.D. Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 115-134, Summer.
- Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis, 1999. "European economics: An analysis based on publications in the core journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1150-1168, April.
- Sutter, Matthias & Kocher, Martin G., 2001. "Tools for evaluating research output: Are citation-base rankings of economics journals stable?," Munich Reprints in Economics 18222, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:empiri:v:29:y:2002:i:4:p:275-288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.