Visibilité des contributions en économie industrielle dans les revues scientifiques internationales
[Visibility of contributions in Industrial Organization in international scientific journals]
This empirical study evaluates the relative importance of articles in industrial organization published in major general or specialized scientific journals, either english or french, using the new 1991 J.E.L. classification system. Contributions are examined within two recent periods, 1991-93 and 1994-96, and regrouped according to the nature of the article: theoretical (L100-L390); industrial policy (L400-L590); industry studies (L600-L990). A specialization progress indicator (IPS) may show the evolution of the editorial policy in relation with the treatment of the subject, while a rate of multiple reference (TRM) reveals the specific characteristics of the journals with respect to the type of article being published.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2007|
|Date of revision:||Jun 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dirkmaat, Joop, 2001. "Some publishing facts, figures, and observations on the occasion of Volume 100, number 1 of the Journal of Econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 99-112, January.
- Ekwurzel, Drucilla & Saffran, Bernard, 1985. "Online Information Retrieval for Economists-The Economic Literature Index," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(4), pages 1728-63, December.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88, March.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Rose, Andrew K., 2000. "The Journal of International Economics at Fifty: A Retrospective1," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 3-15, February.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M & Rothman, Harry, 1999. "The Editors and Authors of Economics Journals: A Case of Institutional Oligopoly?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages F165-86, February.
- Richard Dusansky & Clayton J. Vernon, 1998. "Rankings of U.S. Economics Departments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 157-170, Winter.
- John Benson, 2001. "Inside the Editor's Black Box: 10 Years of the Journal of Environmental Planning and Management," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 3-19.
- Jean Mirucki, 2001. "Contributions in Industrial Organization, by Linguistic Groups, in Selected Journals," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 243-254, March.
- Craig Freeman, 2000. "Do Economic Journals Obey Economic Prescriptions?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 371-384, December.
- David Figlio, 1994. "Trends in the Publication of Empirical Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(3), pages 179-187, Summer.
- Mirucki, Jean, 2000. "Editorial Preferences Towards "Industrial Organization" in Selected Journals," MPRA Paper 27836, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elliott, Caroline & Greenaway, David & Sapsford, David, 1998. "Who's publishing who? The national composition of contributors to some core US and European journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 201-206, January.
- Cribari-Neto, Francisco & Jensen, Mark J. & Novo, lvaro A., 1999.
"Research In Econometric Theory: Quantitative And Qualitative Productivity Rankings,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(05), pages 719-752, October.
- Francisco Cribari-Neto & Mark J. Jensen & Alvaro C. Novo, 1997. "Research in Econometric Theory: Quantitative and Qualitative Productivity Rankings," Econometrics 9711001, EconWPA, revised 04 Mar 1998.
- Kocher, Martin G & Sutter, Matthias, 2001.
"The Institutional Concentration of Authors in Top Journals of Economics during the Last Two Decades,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(472), pages F405-21, June.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Sutter, Matthias, 2001. "The Institutional Concentration of Authors in Top Journals of Economics during the Last Two Decades," Munich Reprints in Economics 18183, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis, 1999. "European economics: An analysis based on publications in the core journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1150-1168, April.
- Lovell, Michael C, 1973. "The Production of Economic Literature: An Interpretation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 27-55, March.
- Colander, David, 1989. "Research on the Economics Profession," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 137-48, Fall.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31688. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.