Editorial Preferences Towards "Industrial Organization" in Selected Journals
This empirical study evaluates the relative importance of articles in Industrial Organization published in major generalist or specialized scientific joumals, using the new 1991 J.E.L. classification system. Contributions are regrouped according to the type of article: theoretical analysis (L100-L390); public policy (L400-LS90); industry studies (L600-L990). A rate of multiple reference index has been introduced to examine the degree of relationship between those three categories and used as a proxy.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Rivista di Scienza Ekonomiche e Comerciali 1.17(2000): pp. 167-175|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lovell, Michael C, 1973. "The Production of Economic Literature: An Interpretation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 27-55, March.
- Persson, Mats, 1998. " The First Century of The Scandinavian Journal of Economics," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 100(1), pages 1-9, March.
- Zivney, Terry L & Bertin, William J, 1992. " Publish or Perish: What the Competition Is Really Doing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 295-329, March.
- Scott, Loren C & Mitias, Peter M, 1996. "Trends in Rankings of Economics Departments in the U.S.: An Update," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(2), pages 378-400, April.
- David Figlio, 1994. "Trends in the Publication of Empirical Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(3), pages 179-187, Summer.
- Colander, David, 1989. "Research on the Economics Profession," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 137-48, Fall.
- Posner, Richard A., 1997. "The future of the law and economics movement in Europe," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 3-14, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27836. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.