Rethinking governmental licensing of higher education institutions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Morris M. Kleiner, 2000. "Occupational Licensing," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 189-202, Fall.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1973. "Where Are We in the Theory of Information?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 31-39, May.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-754, July/Aug..
- Ogus, Anthony & Zhang, Qing, 2005. "Licensing Regimes east and West," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 124-142, March.
- Cave, Martin & Dodsworth, Ruth & Thompson, David, 1992. "Regulatory Reform in Higher Education in the UK: Incentives for Efficiency and Product Quality," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 79-102, Summer.
- Schwartz, Alan & Wilde, Louis L., "undated". "Intervening in Markets on the Basis of Imperfect Information: A Legal and Economic Analysis," Working Papers 235, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
More about this item
KeywordsAccreditation; Certification; Higher education; Licensing; Quality assurance; D18; D45; H11; I28; K20;
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Rationing; Licensing
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- K20 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ejlwec:v:25:y:2008:i:1:p:57-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .