Considering Market-Based Instruments for Consumer Protection in Higher Education
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gordon C. Winston, 2004. "Differentiation Among US Colleges and Universities," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 331-354, 06.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213.
- Beales, Howard & Craswell, Richard & Salop, Steven C, 1981. "The Efficient Regulation of Consumer Information," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 491-539, December.
- Watrin Christian, 2003. "On the Political Economy of the Subsidiarity Principle," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 1-17, June.
- Spence, Michael, 1976. "Informational Aspects of Market Structure: An Introduction," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 591-97, November.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-29, March-Apr.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1973. "Where Are We in the Theory of Information?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 31-39, May.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2003.
"Verbraucherschutz als Staatsaufgabe,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 4(2), pages 281-294, 05.
- Klein, Benjamin & Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "The Role of Market Forces in Assuring Contractual Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 615-41, August.
- W. Kip Viscusi, 1978. "A Note on "Lemons" Markets with Quality Certification," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(1), pages 277-279, Spring.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-54, July/Aug..
- Kurt Larsen & Stéphan Vincent-Lancrin, 2002. "International Trade in Educational Services: Good or Bad?," Higher Education Management and Policy, OECD Publishing, vol. 14(3), pages 9-45.
- Shapiro, Carl, 1983. "Premiums for High Quality Products as Returns to Reputations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(4), pages 659-79, November.
- Schwartz, Alan & Wilde, Louis L., . "Intervening in Markets on the Basis of Imperfect Information: A Legal and Economic Analysis," Working Papers 235, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Egon P. Franck & Bruno Schönfelder, 2000. "On The Role Of Competition In Higher Education – Uses And Abuses Of The Economic Metaphor," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 52(3), pages 214-237, July.
- Henry Hansmann, 1999. "Higher Education As An Associative Good," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm129, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Aug 2000.
- Nelson, Phillip J, 1975. "The Economic Consequences of Advertising," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 213-41, April.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Cave, Martin & Dodsworth, Ruth & Thompson, David, 1992. "Regulatory Reform in Higher Education in the UK: Incentives for Efficiency and Product Quality," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 79-102, Summer.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jcopol:v:33:y:2010:i:1:p:29-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.