Unilateral Counterparty Risk Valuation for CDS Under a Regime Switching Interacting Intensities Model
We consider the credit valuation adjustment (CVA) of credit default swap under an interacting intensities model. The default intensities of the protection seller and the reference entity are both influenced by an external shock event. The arrival of the shock event is a regime switching Poisson process, which is a special case of Cox processes. We give the explicit formula for the CVA of the credit and examine the regime switching effect on the premium and the CVA. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC. 2012
Volume (Year): 19 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102851|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dirk Hackbarth & Jianjun Miao & Erwan Morellec, 2005.
"Capital Structure, Credit Risk, and Macroeconomic Conditions,"
CEMA Working Papers
439, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Hackbarth, Dirk & Miao, Jianjun & Morellec, Erwan, 2006. "Capital structure, credit risk, and macroeconomic conditions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 519-550, December.
- Dirk Hackbarth & Jianjun Miao & Erwan Morellec, 2004. "Capital Structure, Credit Risk, and Macroeconomic Conditions," FAME Research Paper Series rp125, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Dirk Hackbarth & Junjian Miao & Erwan Morellec, 2005. "Capital Structure, Credit Risk, and Macroeconomic Conditions," Boston University - Department of Economics - Macroeconomics Working Papers Series WP2005-005, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Shaked, Moshe & George Shanthikumar, J., 1987. "The multivariate hazard construction," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 241-258, May.
- Davies, Andrew, 2008. "Credit spread determinants: An 85 year perspective," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 180-197, May.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2001. "Counterparty Risk and the Pricing of Defaultable Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1765-1799, October.
- Robert J. Elliott & Leunglung Chan & Tak Kuen Siu, 2005. "Option pricing and Esscher transform under regime switching," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 423-432, October.
- Kwai Leung & Yue Kwok, 2009. "Counterparty Risk for Credit Default Swaps: Markov Chain Interacting Intensities Model with Stochastic Intensity," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 169-181, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:apfinm:v:19:y:2012:i:4:p:391-415. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.