Industrial Real Estate Prices and Market Efficiency
This study employs a multivariate Granger-causality procedure to examine causal relationships between selected economic and financial variables and industrial real estate prices. Empirical results indicate that relationships between several of these variables' lagged values and current values of price exist. We also find a significant relationship between past and current prices.
Volume (Year): 8 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William Rayburn & Michael Devaney & Richard Evans, 1987. "A Test of Weak-Form Efficiency in Residential Real Estate Returns," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 15(3), pages 220-233.
- Linneman, Peter, 1986. "An empirical test of the efficiency of the housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 140-154, September.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1988.
"The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes,"
NBER Working Papers
2506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Case, Karl E & Shiller, Robert J, 1989. "The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 125-137, March.
- Karl L. Guntermann & Richard L. Smith, 1987. "Efficiency of the Market for Residential Real Estate," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 63(1), pages 34-45.
- Darrat, Ali F & Glascock, John L, 1989. "Real Estate Returns, Money and Fiscal Deficits: Is the Real Estate Market Efficient?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 197-208, September.
- McIntosh, Willard & Henderson, Glenn V, Jr, 1989. "Efficiency of the Office Properties Market," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 61-70, February.
- George W. Gau, 1987. "Efficient Real Estate Markets: Paradox or Paradigm?†," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 15(2), pages 1-12.
- George W. Gau, 1985. "Public Information and Abnormal Returns in Real Estate Investment," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 15-31.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:8:n:3:1993:p:377-386. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.