Industrial Real Estate Prices and Market Efficiency
This study employs a multivariate Granger-causality procedure to examine causal relationships between selected economic and financial variables and industrial real estate prices. Empirical results indicate that relationships between several of these variables' lagged values and current values of price exist. We also find a significant relationship between past and current prices.
Volume (Year): 8 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Linneman, Peter, 1986. "An empirical test of the efficiency of the housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 140-154, September.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1988.
"The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes,"
NBER Working Papers
2506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Case, Karl E & Shiller, Robert J, 1989. "The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 125-37, March.
- George W. Gau, 1985. "Public Information and Abnormal Returns in Real Estate Investment," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 15-31.
- Darrat, Ali F & Glascock, John L, 1989. "Real Estate Returns, Money and Fiscal Deficits: Is the Real Estate Market Efficient?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 197-208, September.
- McIntosh, Willard & Henderson, Glenn V, Jr, 1989. "Efficiency of the Office Properties Market," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 61-70, February.
- George W. Gau, 1987. "Efficient Real Estate Markets: Paradox or Paradigm?†," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 15(2), pages 1-12.
- Karl L. Guntermann & Richard L. Smith, 1987. "Efficiency of the Market for Residential Real Estate," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 63(1), pages 34-45.
- William Rayburn & Michael Devaney & Richard Evans, 1987. "A Test of Weak-Form Efficiency in Residential Real Estate Returns," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 15(3), pages 220-233.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:8:n:3:1993:p:377-386. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.