The Significance of Porfolio Lenders to Real Estate Brokers
For the reasons observed in the sample of mortgage loans examined, the real estate brokerage industry will continue to depend heavily on portfolio lending to finance residential housing transactions. This paper examines a sample of residential mortgages to determine the breadth of lending by home type and customer credit qualification. The findings show that portfolio lending is required to satisfy homebuyers with heterogenous mortgage loan needs. Comparative analysis of credit decisions provides evidence of sound lending.
Volume (Year): 10 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael J. Brennan & Eduardo S. Schwartz, 1985. "Determinants of GNMA Mortgage Prices," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 13(3), pages 209-228.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Merton H. Miller, 1988.
"Liquidity and Market Structure,"
NBER Working Papers
2641, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Altman, Edward I. & Haldeman, Robert G. & Narayanan, P., 1977. "ZETATM analysis A new model to identify bankruptcy risk of corporations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 29-54, June.
- George Pennacchi, .
"Loan Sales and the Cost of Bank Capital,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
07-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- George Pennacchi, . "Loan Sales and the Cost of Bank Capital," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 7-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Thakor, Anjan V. & Callaway, Richard, 1983.
"Costly Information Production Equilibria in the Bank Credit Market with Applications to Credit Rationing,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 229-256, June.
- Anjan V. Thakor & Richard Callaway, 2004. "Costly Information Production Equilibria in the Bank Credit Market with Applications to Credit Rationing," Finance 0411030, EconWPA.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Benston, George J & Smith, Clifford W, Jr, 1976. "A Transactions Cost Approach to the Theory of Financial Intermediation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 215-31, May.
- Seward, James K, 1990. " Corporate Financial Policy and the Theory of Financial Intermediation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 351-77, June.
- Kim, H Youn, 1986. "Economies of Scale and Economies of Scope in Multiproduct Financial Institutions: Further Evidence from Credit Unions: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 220-26, May.
- Greenbaum, Stuart I. & Thakor, Anjan V., 1987. "Bank funding modes : Securitization versus deposits," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 379-401, September.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1985. "What's different about banks?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-39, January.
- Robert O. Edmister & Harry E. Merriken, 1988. "Pricing Efficiency in the Mortgage Market," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(1), pages 50-62.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1985. "Credit Markets and the Control of Capital," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(2), pages 133-52, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:10:n:1:1995:p:57-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.