Economies of Scale and Economies of Scope in Multiproduct Financial Institutions: Further Evidence from Credit Unions: A Note
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bernardo Maggi & Stefania P. S. Rossi, 2003. "An efficiency analysis of banking systems: a comparison of European and United States large commercial banks using different functional forms," Vienna Economics Papers 0306, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Huang, Tai-Hsin & Lin, Chung-I & Chen, Kuan-Chen, 2017. "Evaluating efficiencies of Chinese commercial banks in the context of stochastic multistage technologies," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 93-110.
- Rezvanian, Rasoul & Mahdian, Seyed & Elyasiani, Elyas, 1996. "Economics of scale and scope in small depository institutions: Evidence from U.S. cooperative banks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 39-54.
- Rezvanian, Rasoul & Mehdian, Seyed, 2002. "An examination of cost structure and production performance of commercial banks in Singapore," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 79-98, January.
- Ali Awdeh & Chawki El-Moussawi & Wafaa Nasser, 2016. "The Impact of Consolidation and Modernisation on Banking Scale and Scope Economies," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(5), pages 169-181, May.
- David A Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2006.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Performance in Transition: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 48(3), pages 497-522, September.
- Grigorian, David A. & Manole, Vlad, 2002. "Determinants of commercial bank performance in transition - an application of data envelopment analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2850, The World Bank.
- David A. Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2002. "Determinants of Commercial Bank Performance in Transition; An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis," IMF Working Papers 02/146, International Monetary Fund.
- Pokharel, Krishna P & Featherstone, Allen M, 2016. "A Nonparametric Approach to Estimate Multiproduct and Product-specific Scale and Scope Economies for Agricultural Cooperatives," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236182, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:bin:bpeajo:v:24:y:1993:i:1993-1m:p:197-247 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:198-219 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nathanael OJONG, 2014. "Credit Unions As Conduits For Microfinance Delivery In Cameroon," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 287-304, June.
- Sameh Charfeddine Karray & Jamel eddine Chichti, 2013. "Bank Size and Efficiency in Developing Countries: Intermediation Approach versus Value Added Approach and Impact of Non-Traditional Activities," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(5), pages 593-613, May.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:67:y:2018:i:c:p:51-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tadesse, Solomon, 2006.
"Consolidation, scale economies and technological change in Japanese banking,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 425-445, December.
- Solomon Tadesse, 2005. "Consolidation, Scale Economies and Technological Change in Japanese Banking," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp747, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Solomon Tadesse, 2005. "Consolidation, Scale Economics and Technological Change in Japanese Banking," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp878, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Robert O. Edmister & Gay B. Hatfield, 1995. "The Significance of Porfolio Lenders to Real Estate Brokers," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(1), pages 57-68.
- Samia Belaounia, 2000. "Liens inter-métiers et synergies opérationnelles:application à un échantillon de quinze groupes bancaires français," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 3(4), pages 5-35, December.
- Iimi, Atsushi, 2004. "Banking sector reforms in Pakistan: economies of scale and scope, and cost complementarities," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 507-528, June.
- Liu, Jing & Bailey, DeeVon, 2013. "Examining Economies of Scale for Farmer Cooperatives in Chinaâ€™s Shanxi Province," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 41(2).
- Asish Saha & Umakant Dash, 2016. "Consolidation in Indian banking: Does size matter?," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 43(3), pages 223-238, September.
- Huang, Tai-Hsin & Chen, Ying-Hsiu, 2009. "A study on long-run inefficiency levels of a panel dynamic cost frontier under the framework of forward-looking rational expectations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 842-849, May.
- Fortin, Mario & Leclerc, André & Thivierge, Claude, 2000. "Économies d’échelle et de gamme dans les Caisses Desjardins," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 76(3), pages 393-421, septembre.
- Bauer, Keldon, 2008. "Detecting abnormal credit union performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 573-586, April.
- Cavallo, Laura & Rossi, Stefania P. S., 2001. "Scale and scope economies in the European banking systems," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4-5), pages 515-531, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:18:y:1986:i:2:p:220-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.