Tourism And Terrorism: A Worldwide Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin S Roth & Jean B Romeo, 1992. "Matching Product Category and Country Image Perceptions: A Framework for Managing Country-of-Origin Effects," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(3), pages 477-497, September.
- repec:cmj:journl:y:2013:i:28:albuce is not listed on IDEAS
- Corniglion, Sébastien & Turnois, Nadine, 2011. "Simulating tourists' behaviour using multi-agent modelling," MPRA Paper 33526, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tilman Brück & Bengt-Arne Wickström, 2004. "The Economic Consequences of Terror: A Brief Survey," HiCN Working Papers 03, Households in Conflict Network.
- Cristina-Elena ALBU, 2013. "STEREOTYPICAL FACTORS IN TOURISM -Literature review," CrossCultural Management Journal, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 1, pages 5-13, May.
- Bruck, Tilman & Wickstrom, Bengt-Arne, 2004. "The economic consequences of terror: guest editors' introduction," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 293-300, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Radostina Robertova Dimitrova, 2019. "Changes In Touris? Supply In The Aftermath Of Political Instability And Terrorism," Economics and Management, Faculty of Economics, SOUTH-WEST UNIVERSITY "NEOFIT RILSKI", BLAGOEVGRAD, vol. 16(1), pages 112-118.
- Natalia Tomczewska-Popowycz & Łukasz Quirini-Popławski, 2021. "Political Instability Equals the Collapse of Tourism in Ukraine?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(8), pages 1-20, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stelios Markoulis, 2021. "Do Terror Attacks Affect the Euro? Evidence from the 21st Century," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(8), pages 1-24, July.
- Axel Dreher & Martin Gassebner & Lars-H. Siemers, 2010. "Does Terrorism Threaten Human Rights? Evidence from Panel Data," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 65-93, February.
- Yu, Julie H. & Albaum, Gerald, 2002. "Sovereignty change influences on consumer ethnocentrism and product preferences: Hong Kong revisited one year later," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(11), pages 891-899, November.
- Un-Kon Lee, 2021. "The Effect of Confirmation of Nation Brand Image in International Tourism Advertisement on Travel Intention of Foreign Tourists: The Case of Korean ITA for Chinese Tourists," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(1), pages 21582440209, January.
- Valentina Daniela N. CONSTANTIN & Roxana-Denisa G. STOENESCU, 2014. "The Impact Of Origin On Creating A Cult Brand: The Case Of Apple," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 3, pages 123-134, April.
- Hsu, Chia-Lin & Chang, Chi-Ya & Yansritakul, Chutinart, 2017. "Exploring purchase intention of green skincare products using the theory of planned behavior: Testing the moderating effects of country of origin and price sensitivity," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 145-152.
- Gul, Tayyeba Gul & Hussain, Anwar Hussain & Bangash, Shafiqullah Bangash & Khattak, Sanam Waghma Khattak, 2010. "Impact of Terrorism on Financial Markets of Pakistan (2006-2008)," MPRA Paper 41990, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schnettler, Berta & SÃ¡nchez, Mercedes & Orellana, Ligia & SepÃºlveda, JosÃ©, 2013. "Country of origin and ethnocentrism: a review from the perspective of food consumption," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 17.
- Saeed Samiee & Constantine S. Katsikeas & G. Tomas M. Hult, 2021. "The overarching role of international marketing: Relevance and centrality in research and practice," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 52(8), pages 1429-1444, October.
- Cuffaro, Nadia & Di Giacinto, Marina, 2015. "Credence goods, consumers’ trust in regulation and high quality exports," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 4(2), pages 1-19, August.
- Martin, Drew & Palakshappa, Nitha & Woodside, Arch, 2019. "Consumer metaphoria: Uncovering the automaticity of animal, product/brand, and country meanings," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 113-125.
- Simon Fauser & David Agola, 2021. "The influence of regional Italian images on consumer behaviour: a study of consumers in Germany," Italian Journal of Marketing, Springer, vol. 2021(1), pages 129-158, June.
- Johanna Garnitz & Gernot Nerb, 2016. "ifo Weltwirtschaftsklima trübt sich weiter ein – Ergebnisse des 131. World Economic Survey (WES) für das erste Quartal 2016," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 69(04), pages 70-82, February.
- Mrs. Oana M Croitoru & Mr. R. B. Johnston, 2005. "The Impact of Terrorism on Financial Markets," IMF Working Papers 2005/060, International Monetary Fund.
- Aby Abraham & Sanjay Patro, 2014. "â€˜Country-of-Originâ€™ Effect and Consumer Decision-making," Management and Labour Studies, XLRI Jamshedpur, School of Business Management & Human Resources, vol. 39(3), pages 309-318, August.
- Gabriella Schoier & Giovanna Pegan & Stefano Fadini, 2022. "An analysis on consumer perception," RIEDS - Rivista Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica - The Italian Journal of Economic, Demographic and Statistical Studies, SIEDS Societa' Italiana di Economia Demografia e Statistica, vol. 76(1), pages 34-44, January-M.
- Marija Čutura & Katerina Malić Bandur, 2016. "Importance of the Country of Origin from the Consumers’ Perspective in the Research Context of Bosnia and Herzegovina," Tržište/Market, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 28(1), pages 63-78.
- Brück, Tilman & Llussá, Fernanda & Tavares, José, 2010.
"Perceptions, Expectations, and Entrepreneurship: The Role of Extreme Events,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5351, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tilman Brück & Fernanda Llussá & José Tavares, 2010. "Perceptions, Expectations, and Entrepreneurship: The Role of Extreme Events," HiCN Working Papers 87, Households in Conflict Network.
- Tilman Brück & Fernanda Llussá & José Tavares, 2010. "Perceptions, Expectations, and Entrepreneurship: The Role of Extreme Events," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 41, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Brück, Tilman & Llussá, Fernanda & Tavares, José, 2010. "Perceptions, Expectations, and Entrepreneurship: The Role of Extreme Events," CEPR Discussion Papers 8098, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tilman Brück & Fernanda Llussá & José Tavares, 2010. "Perceptions, Expectations, and Entrepreneurship: The Role of Extreme Events," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1093, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:cmj:journl:y:2013:i:28:albuce is not listed on IDEAS
- Leonidas Hatzithomas & Christina Boutsouki & Fotini Theodorakioglou & Evanthia Papadopoulou, 2021. "The Link between Sustainable Destination Image, Brand Globalness and Consumers’ Purchase Intention: A Moderated Mediation Model," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(17), pages 1-16, August.
- Brunet, Alexia, 2005. "Protecting Our Homeland: Incorporating Vulnerability to Terrorism in State Homeland Security Grants," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19380, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
Keywordstourism; terrorism; global terrorism index; tourists’ behavior; destination image;
All these keywords.
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- Z32 - Other Special Topics - - Tourism Economics - - - Tourism and Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:wpaper:y:2016:v:8:i:1:p:1-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alupului Ciprian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.