Causality Between Public Investment In Transport And Communication And Economic Growth
This paper aims to provide an explanation for the robust and consistent relationship between public investment in transport and communication and economic growth that has frequently surfaced in recent empirical studies. Using both informal and formal causality tests, the paper finds that, for a set of developing countries, the strong association is the result of the effect running from growth to public investment rather than vice versa.
Volume (Year): 30 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.jed.or.kr/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sims, Christopher A, 1972. "Money, Income, and Causality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 540-52, September.
- Geweke, John & Meese, Richard & Dent, Warren, 1983. "Comparing alternative tests of causality in temporal systems : Analytic results and experimental evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 161-194, February.
- Felix K. Rioja, 2001. "Growth, Welfare, and Public Infrastructure: A General Equilibrium Analysis of Latin American Economies," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 119-130, December.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Lucio Picci & Antonello E. Scorcu, 2000. "Saving, Growth, and Investment: A Macroeconomic Analysis Using a Panel of Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 182-211, May.
- Blomström, Magnus & Lipsey, Robert E & Zejan, Mario, 1993.
"Is Fixed Investment the Key to Economic Growth?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
870, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul Cashin, 1994.
"Government Spending, Taxes, and Economic Growth,"
IMF Working Papers
94/92, International Monetary Fund.
- E.C. Mamatzakis, 2002. "Public Infrastructure And Private Output: An Application To Greece," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 143-160, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:30:y:2005:i:1:p:95-106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Changhui Kang)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.