Impact of Performance-Based Contracting on Product Reliability: An Empirical Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel A. Ackerberg & Maristella Botticini, 2002.
"Endogenous Matching and the Empirical Determinants of Contract Form,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(3), pages 564-591, June.
- Ackerberg, D.A. & Botticini, M., 1999. "Endogenous Matching and the Empirical Determinants of Contract Form," Papers 96, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Daniel A. Ackerberg & Maristella Botticini, 1999. "Endogenous Matching and the Empirical Determinants of Contract Form," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 92, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Daniel A. Ackerberg & Maristella Botticini, 1999. "Endogenous Matching and the Empirical Determinants of Contract Form," Papers 0096, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Sharon Novak & Scott Stern, 2008. "How Does Outsourcing Affect Performance Dynamics? Evidence from the Automobile Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(12), pages 1963-1979, December.
- Sharon Novak & Steven D. Eppinger, 2001. "Sourcing By Design: Product Complexity and the Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(1), pages 189-204, January.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1991. "Multitask Principal-Agent Analyses: Incentive Contracts, Asset Ownership, and Job Design," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 24-52, Special I.
- Padmanabhan, V, 1995. "Usage Heterogeneity and Extended Warranties," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 33-53, Spring.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2000. "Performance Pay and Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1346-1361, December.
- Ananth V. Iyer & Leroy B. Schwarz & Stefanos A. Zenios, 2005. "A Principal-Agent Model for Product Specification and Production," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(1), pages 106-119, January.
- Liran Einav & Amy Finkelstein, 2011.
"Selection in Insurance Markets: Theory and Empirics in Pictures,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 115-138, Winter.
- Liran Einav & Amy Finkelstein, 2011. "Selection in Insurance Markets: Theory and Empirics in Pictures," NBER Working Papers 16723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liran Einav & Amy Finkelstein, 2011. "Selection in Insurance Markets: Theory and Emprirics in Pictures," Discussion Papers 10-016, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Thomas N. Hubbard, 1998. "An Empirical Examination of Moral Hazard in the Vehicle Inspection Market," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(2), pages 406-426, Summer.
- Michael Rothschild & Joseph Stiglitz, 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(4), pages 629-649.
- Julie H. Mortimer, 2008. "Vertical Contracts in the Video Rental Industry -super-1," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(1), pages 165-199.
- Anandasivam Gopal & Konduru Sivaramakrishnan & M. S. Krishnan & Tridas Mukhopadhyay, 2003. "Contracts in Offshore Software Development: An Empirical Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(12), pages 1671-1683, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12331 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mingshan Lu & Ching‐to Albert Ma & Lasheng Yuan, 2003.
"Risk selection and matching in performance‐based contracting,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 339-354, May.
- Mingshan Lu & Ching-to Albert Ma & Lasheng Yuan, 2000. "Risk Selection and Matching in Performance-Based Contracting," Papers 0101, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-512, March.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Charles J. Corbett & Xavier de Groote, 2000. "A Supplier's Optimal Quantity Discount Policy Under Asymmetric Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(3), pages 444-450, March.
- J. Myles Shaver, 1998. "Accounting for Endogeneity When Assessing Strategy Performance: Does Entry Mode Choice Affect FDI Survival?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(4), pages 571-585, April.
- Sharon Novak & Scott Stern, 2009. "Complementarity Among Vertical Integration Decisions: Evidence from Automobile Product Development," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(2), pages 311-332, February.
- Kamalini Ramdas & Taylor Randall, 2008. "Does Component Sharing Help or Hurt Reliability? An Empirical Study in the Automotive Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(5), pages 922-938, May.
- Christian Terwiesch & Z. Justin Ren & Teck H. Ho & Morris A. Cohen, 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Forecast Sharing in the Semiconductor Equipment Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(2), pages 208-220, February.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Thesis Thursday: Sarah Zheng
by Chris Sampson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2018-03-15 07:00:19
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grubic, Tonci & Jennions, Ian, 2018. "Do outcome-based contracts exist? The investigation of power-by-the-hour and similar result-oriented cases," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 206(C), pages 209-219.
- Chih-An Lin & Homin Chen, 2018. "Deconstructing B2B, co-creation and service deployment in East Asia: evidence from Taiwan and PRC manufacturers," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(3), pages 351-370, May.
- Rahimi-Ghahroodi, S. & Al Hanbali, A. & Zijm, W.H.M. & Timmer, J.B., 2019. "Emergency supply contracts for a service provider with limited local resources," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 445-460.
- Patra, Pradipta & Kumar, U. Dinesh & Nowicki, David R. & Randall, Wesley S., 2019. "Effective management of performance-based contracts for sustainment dominant systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 208(C), pages 369-382.
- Tian Chan & Francis de Véricourt & Omar Besbes, 2014. "Contracting in medical equipment maintenance services: An empirical investigation," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-14-05, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- Izack Cohen & Morris A. Cohen & Elad Landau, 2017. "On sourcing and stocking policies in a two-echelon, multiple location, repairable parts supply chain," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 68(6), pages 617-629, June.
- Wang, Yulan & Wallace, Stein W. & Shen, Bin & Choi, Tsan-Ming, 2015. "Service supply chain management: A review of operational models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 247(3), pages 685-698.
- Karan Girotra & Serguei Netessine, 2013. "OM Forum —Business Model Innovation for Sustainability," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 537-544, October.
- Ge, Qianru & Peng, Hao & van Houtum, Geert-Jan & Adan, Ivo, 2018. "Reliability optimization for series systems under uncertain component failure rates in the design phase," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 196(C), pages 163-175.
- Nullmeier, Fabian & Wynstra, Finn & van der Valk, Wendy, 2019. "Mitigating shirking: Contracting performance in buyer-initiated service triads," Other publications TiSEM cebcb590-5a85-4906-b8ec-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Qin, Xuwei & Shao, Lusheng & Jiang, Zhong-Zhong, 2020. "Contract design for equipment after-sales service with business interruption insurance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 284(1), pages 176-187.
- Martin A. Lariviere, 2016. "OM Forum—Supply Chain Contracting: Doughnuts to Bubbles," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 18(3), pages 309-313, July.
- Narayan Ramasubbu & Chris F. Kemerer, 2016. "Technical Debt and the Reliability of Enterprise Software Systems: A Competing Risks Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(5), pages 1487-1510, May.
- Nitin Bakshi & Sang-Hyun Kim & Nicos Savva, 2015. "Signaling New Product Reliability with After-Sales Service Contracts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(8), pages 1812-1829, August.
- Öner, K.B. & Kiesmüller, G.P. & van Houtum, G.J., 2015. "On the upgrading policy after the redesign of a component for reliability improvement," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 244(3), pages 867-880.
More about this item
Keywordsreliability; maintenance repairs; empirical operations management; supply chain contracting; aerospace industry;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:58:y:2012:i:5:p:961-979. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.