—The Researcher as a Consumer of Scientific Publications: How Do Name-Ordering Conventions Affect Inferences About Contribution Credits?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Hudson, 1996. "Trends in Multi-authored Papers in Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 153-158, Summer.
- Niladri B. Syam & Nanda Kumar, 2006. "On Customized Goods, Standard Goods, and Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(5), pages 525-537, September.
- Kissan Joseph & David N. Laband & Vivek Patil, 2005. "Author Order and Research Quality," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 545-555, January.
- Jonathan D. Bohlmann & José Antonio Rosa & Ruth N. Bolton & William J. Qualls, 2006. "The Effect of Group Interactions on Satisfaction Judgments: Satisfaction Escalation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(4), pages 301-321, July.
- David Laband & Robert Tollison, 2006. "Alphabetized coauthorship," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(14), pages 1649-1653.
- Kristina Shampanier & Nina Mazar & Dan Ariely, 2007. "Zero as a Special Price: The True Value of Free Products," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(6), pages 742-757, 11-12.
- Liran Einav & Leeat Yariv, 2006. "What's in a Surname? The Effects of Surname Initials on Academic Success," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 175-187, Winter.
- Roberto A. Weber & Colin F. Camerer, 2003. "Cultural Conflict and Merger Failure: An Experimental Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 400-415, April.
- S. Stremersch & I. Verniers & C. Verhoef, 2006.
"The Quest for Citations: Drivers of Article Impact,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
06/422, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Stremersch, S. & Verniers, I.W.J. & Verhoef, P.C., 2006. "The Quest for Citations: Drivers of Article Impact," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-061-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Thomas Kramer & Suri Spolter-Weisfeld & Maneesh Thakkar, 2007. "The Effect of Cultural Orientation on Consumer Responses to Personalization," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(2), pages 246-258, 03-04.
- George A. Akerlof, 2007. "The Missing Motivation in Macroeconomics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 5-36, March.
- Elster, Jon, 1989. "Social Norms and Economic Theory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 99-117, Fall.
- Stigler, George J & Stigler, Stephen M & Friedland, Claire, 1995. "The Journals of Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(2), pages 331-359, April.
- Himanshu Mishra & Arul Mishra & Dhananjay Nayakankuppam, 2007. "Seeing Through the Heart's Eye: The Interference of System 1 in System 2," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(5), pages 666-678, 09-10.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Por nuestros nombres nos conoceréis (o no)
by Pedro Rey Biel in Nada Es Gratis on 2018-05-03 04:50:43
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hagen, Nils T., 2014. "Reversing the byline hierarchy: The effect of equalizing bias on the accreditation of primary, secondary and senior authors," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 618-627.
- repec:spr:scient:v:84:y:2010:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-009-0129-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthias Weber, 2016. "The Effects of Listing Authors in Alphabetical Order: A survey of the Empirical Evidence," Bank of Lithuania Occasional Paper Series 12, Bank of Lithuania.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:89:y:2018:i:c:p:26-38 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hagen, Nils T., 2013. "Harmonic coauthor credit: A parsimonious quantification of the byline hierarchy," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 784-791.
- Haeussler, Carolin & Sauermann, Henry, 2013. "Credit where credit is due? The impact of project contributions and social factors on authorship and inventorship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 688-703.
- Frandsen, Tove Faber & Nicolaisen, Jeppe, 2010. "What is in a name? Credit assignment practices in different disciplines," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 608-617.
- Daniel Garcia & Joshua Serman, 2015. "Norms and Team Formation: Evidence from Research Partnerships," Vienna Economics Papers 1511, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:scient:v:93:y:2012:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0773-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Jacob Goldenberg & Barak Libai & Eitan Muller & Stefan Stremersch, 2010. "Database Submission—The Evolving Social Network of Marketing Scholars," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 561-567, 05-06.
More about this item
Keywordsdecision making; information processing; social norms; contribution credits; authorship;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:28:y:2009:i:3:p:589-598. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .