Editorial: Save Research—Abandon the Case Method of Teaching
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Koen Pauwels, 2004. "How Dynamic Consumer Response, Competitor Response, Company Support, and Company Inertia Shape Long-Term Marketing Effectiveness," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 596-610, June.
- Robert E. Krider & Tieshan Li & Yong Liu & Charles B. Weinberg, 2005. "The Lead-Lag Puzzle of Demand and Distribution: A Graphical Method Applied to Movies," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(4), pages 635-645, April.
- Steven M. Shugan, 2004. "Editorial: Consulting, Research, and Consulting Research," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(2), pages 173-179.
- Wolfgang Jank & P. K. Kannan, 2005. "Understanding Geographical Markets of Online Firms Using Spatial Models of Customer Choice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(4), pages 623-634, December.
- Niladri B. Syam & Ranran Ruan & James D. Hess, 2005. "Customized Products: A Competitive Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(4), pages 569-584, February.
- Sharad Borle & Peter Boatwright & Joseph B. Kadane & Joseph C. Nunes & Shmueli Galit, 2005. "The Effect of Product Assortment Changes on Customer Retention," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(4), pages 616-622, July.
- Andrew Ainslie & Xavier Drèze & Fred Zufryden, 2005. "Modeling Movie Life Cycles and Market Share," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 508-517, November.
- Xiaotong Li, 2005. "Cheap Talk and Bogus Network Externalities in the Emerging Technology Market," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(4), pages 531-543, October.
- Steven M. Shugan, 2005. "Marketing and Designing Transaction Games," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(4), pages 525-530.
- John T. Gourville & Dilip Soman, 2005. "Overchoice and Assortment Type: When and Why Variety Backfires," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 382-395, July.
- Peter N. Golder & Gerard J. Tellis, 2004. "Growing, Growing, Gone: Cascades, Diffusion, and Turning Points in the Product Life Cycle," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(2), pages 207-218, December.
- Wilfred Amaldoss & Amnon Rapoport, 2005. "Collaborative Product and Market Development: Theoretical Implications and Experimental Evidence," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 396-414, February.
- David Besanko & Jean-Pierre Dubé & Sachin Gupta, 2005. "Own-Brand and Cross-Brand Retail Pass-Through," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(1), pages 123-137, July.
- John R. Hauser & Olivier Toubia, 2005. "The Impact of Utility Balance and Endogeneity in Conjoint Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 498-507, August.
- William L. Carlson, 1999. "A Case Method for Teaching Statistics," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 52-58, January.
- Donald G. Morrison & Jagmohan S. Raju, 2004. "50th Anniversary Article: The Marketing Department in Management Science: Its History, Contributions, and the Future," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(4), pages 425-428, April.
- Robert A. Leone, 1989. "Teaching management without cases," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 704-711.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Preyas S. Desai & David Bell & Gary Lilien & David Soberman, 2012. "Editorial --The Science-to-Practice Initiative: Getting New Marketing Science Thinking into the Real World," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Steven M. Shugan, 2007. "The Editor's Secrets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(5), pages 589-595, 09-10.
- Steven M. Shugan, 2006. "Editorial: Fifty Years of," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 551-555, 11-12.
- Anthony J. Evans, 2012. "Pedagogical Synergies Between Austrian Economics and the Case Method," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 28(Fall 2012), pages 91-103.
- repec:fgv:eaerae:v:57:y:2017:i:4:a:71358 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:taf:oaefxx:v:3:y:2015:i:1:p:1120977 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscase method; teaching business; learning; M.B.A. education; scholarly research;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:25:y:2006:i:2:p:109-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.