The Influence of Product Variety on Brand Perception and Choice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Berger, Jonah & Draganska, Michaela & Simonson, Itamar, 2006. "The Influence of Product Variety on Brand Perception and Choice," Research Papers 1938, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1978. "A Model of Advertising and Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(3), pages 485-503, June.
- Kelvin Lancaster, 1990. "The Economics of Product Variety: A Survey," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(3), pages 189-206.
- Alexander Chernev, 2005. "Feature Complementarity and Assortment in Choice," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(4), pages 748-759, March.
- Kahn, Barbara E & Wansink, Brian, 2004. " The Influence of Assortment Structure on Perceived Variety and Consumption Quantities," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(4), pages 519-533, March.
- Dhar, Ravi, 1997. " Consumer Preference for a No-Choice Option," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 215-231, September.
- Levin, Irwin P & Gaeth, Gary J, 1988. " How Consumers Are Affected by the Framing of Attribute Information before and after Consuming the Product," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 374-378, December.
- Bettman, James R & Luce, Mary Frances & Payne, John W, 1998. " Constructive Consumer Choice Processes," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 187-217, December.
- Sharad Borle & Peter Boatwright & Joseph B. Kadane & Joseph C. Nunes & Shmueli Galit, 2005. "The Effect of Product Assortment Changes on Customer Retention," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(4), pages 616-622, July.
- Sunder Kekre & Kannan Srinivasan, 1990. "Broader Product Line: A Necessity to Achieve Success?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(10), pages 1216-1232, October.
- Klein, Benjamin & Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "The Role of Market Forces in Assuring Contractual Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 615-641, August.
- Michaela Draganska & Dipak C. Jain, 2005. "Product-Line Length as a Competitive Tool," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Alexander Chernev, 2006. "Decision Focus and Consumer Choice among Assortments," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(1), pages 50-59, June.
- John T. Gourville & Dilip Soman, 2005. "Overchoice and Assortment Type: When and Why Variety Backfires," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 382-395, July.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-754, July/Aug..
- Greenleaf, Eric A & Lehmann, Donald R, 1995. " Reasons for Substantial Delay in Consumer Decision Making," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 186-199, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barbara Kahn & Alexander Chernev & Ulf Böckenholt & Kate Bundorf & Michaela Draganska & Ryan Hamilton & Robert Meyer & Klaus Wertenbroch, 2014. "Consumer and managerial goals in assortment choice and design," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 293-303, September.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:34:y:2017:i:c:p:117-137 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jha, Ashish K. & Bose, Indranil & Ngai, Eric W.T., 2016. "Platform based innovation: The case of Bosch India," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 171(P2), pages 250-265.
- Yan, Huan & Chang, En-Chung & Chou, Ting-Jui & Tang, Xiaofei, 2015. "The over-categorization effect: How the number of categorizations influences shoppers' perceptions of variety and satisfaction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 631-638.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:34:y:2017:i:c:p:209-218 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aaker, Jennifer & Vohs, Kathleen D. & Mogilner, Cassie, 2010. "Non-profits Are Seen as Warm and For-Profits as Competent: Firm Stereotypes Matter," Research Papers 2047, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:91:y:2015:i:2:p:326-342 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guodong (Gordon) Gao & Lorin M. Hitt, 2012. "Information Technology and Trademarks: Implications for Product Variety," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(6), pages 1211-1226, June.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:25:y:2015:i:c:p:12-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:jconrs:v:43:y:2016:i:2:p:210-229. is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jouret:v:89:y:2013:i:4:p:397-408 is not listed on IDEAS
- Um, Juneho & Lyons, Andrew & Lam, Hugo K.S. & Cheng, T.C.E. & Dominguez-Pery, Carine, 2017. "Product variety management and supply chain performance: A capability perspective on their relationships and competitiveness implications," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 15-26.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:29:y:2012:i:2:p:202-209 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsvariety; consumer choice; quality cues; product line length;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:26:y:2007:i:4:p:460-472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.