The implementation of monetary policy in an emerging economy: the case of Chile
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christian A Johnson & Rodrigo Vergara, 2005. "The Implementation of Monetary Policy in an Emerging Economy: The Case of Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 291, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
References listed on IDEAS
- El Shazly, Mona R. & El Shazly, Hassan E., 1999. "Forecasting currency prices using a genetically evolved neural network architecture," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 67-82.
- Franses,Philip Hans & Dijk,Dick van, 2000.
"Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521779654, April.
- Franses,Philip Hans & Dijk,Dick van, 2000. "Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521770415.
- Pablo García & Luis Óscar Herrera & Rodrigo O. Valdés, 2002. "New Frontiers for Monetary Policy in Chile," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Norman Loayza & Raimundo Soto & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Editor) (ed.), Inflation Targeting: Desing, Performance, Challenges, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 15, pages 627-649 Central Bank of Chile.
- Olmeda, Ignacio & Fernandez, Eugenio, 1997. "Hybrid Classifiers for Financial Multicriteria Decision Making: The Case of Bankruptcy Prediction," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 10(4), pages 317-335, November.
- Moshiri, Saeed & Cameron, Norman E & Scuse, David, 1999. "Static, Dynamic, and Hybrid Neural Networks in Forecasting Inflation," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 14(3), pages 219-235, December.
- Norman Loayza & Raimundo Soto, 2002. "Inflation Targeting: An Overview," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Norman Loayza & Raimundo Soto & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Editor) (ed.), Inflation Targeting: Desing, Performance, Challenges, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 1, pages 001-022 Central Bank of Chile.
- Church, Keith B. & Curram, Stephen P., 1996. "Forecasting consumers' expenditure: A comparison between econometric and neural network models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 255-267, June.
- Qi, Min, 1999. "Nonlinear Predictability of Stock Returns Using Financial and Economic Variables," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(4), pages 419-429, October.
- Lim, G C & McNelis, Paul D, 1998. "The Effect of the Nikkei and the S&P on the All-Ordinaries: A Comparison of Three Models," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(3), pages 217-228, July.
- Rodrigo Vergara, 2003. "El Dinero como Indicador de Política Monetaria en Chile," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 40(121), pages 707-715.
- Ángel Cabrera & Luis Felipe Lagos, 2002. "Monetary Policy in Chile: A Black Box?," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Norman Loayza & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series (ed.), Monetary Policy: Rules and Transmission Mechanisms, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 8, pages 197-246 Central Bank of Chile.
- Wu, Chunchi & Wang, Xu-Ming, 2000. "A Neural Network Approach for Analyzing Small Business Lending Decisions," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 259-276, November.
- Francisco Rosende, 2002. "La Nueva Síntesis Keynesiana: Análisis e Implicancias de Política," Documentos de Trabajo 199, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Francisco Rosende, 2003. "¿El Fin del Monetarismo?," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 40(121), pages 681-689.
- Raimundo Soto, "undated". "Nonlinearities in the Demand for money: A Neural Network Approach," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv107, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Tkacz, Greg & Hu, Sarah, 1999. "Forecasting GDP Growth Using Artificial Neural Networks," Staff Working Papers 99-3, Bank of Canada.
- Nicholas Wilson & Kwee Chong & Michael Peel & A. N. Kolmogorov, 1995. "Neural Network Simulation and the Prediction of Corporate Outcomes: Some Empirical Findings," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 31-50.
- Baker, Bruce D. & Richards, Craig E., 1999. "A comparison of conventional linear regression methods and neural networks for forecasting educational spending," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 405-415, October.
- Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Tapia, Matias, 2002. "Inflation targeting in Chile," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 125-146, August.
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary Policy; Neural Network;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ila:anaeco:v:20:y:2005:i:1:p:45-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcela Perticara). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deilacl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.