Tax or Spend, What causes What? Reconsidering Taiwan's Experience
Earlier research suggests that there has been one-way causality from government revenues to expenditures in Taiwan. This study measures linear feedback to (1) decompose the relationship between Taiwan's government spending and receipts and (2) account for contemporaneous association. Despite substantial fiscal synchronization, we still find one-way causality from government receipts to expenditures.
Volume (Year): 2 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 100 Wenhwa Road, Seatwen, Taichung|
Web page: http://www.ijbe.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tsangyao Chang & Yuan-Hong Ho, 2002. "Tax or Spend, What Causes What: Taiwan's Experience," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 1(2), pages 157-165, August.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- Perron, P., 1986.
"Trends and Random Walks in Macroeconomic Time Series: Further Evidence From a New Approach,"
Cahiers de recherche
8650, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Perron, Pierre, 1988. "Trends and random walks in macroeconomic time series : Further evidence from a new approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 297-332.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985.
"Time Series Regression with a Unit Root,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
740R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 1986.
- McGarvey, Mary G, 1991. "The Neutrality Properties of Competing Relative Price Models: Tests Using Linear Feedback," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(1), pages 15-25, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:2:y:2003:i:2:p:109-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.