The Stabilizing and Welfare Properties of Futures Markets: A Simulation Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fischer, Stanley, 1975. "The Demand for Index Bonds," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(3), pages 509-534, June.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1982. "Adjustment Costs, Uncertainty, and the Behavior of the Firm," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 415-427, June.
- Tobin, James, 1969. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Monetary Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 15-29, February.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1980. "Adjustment cost, demand uncertainty, and the behavior of the firm," Working papers 1112-80A., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- J. P. Gould, 1968. "Adjustment Costs in the Theory of Investment of the Firm," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(1), pages 47-55.
- Robert E. Lucas & Jr., 1967. "Adjustment Costs and the Theory of Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 321-321.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabienne Féménia & Alexandre Gohin, 2010. "Faut-il une intervention publique pour stabiliser les marchés agricoles ? Revue des questions non résolues," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 91(4), pages 435-456.
- Campbell, Robert B. & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 1985.
"An analysis of the stabilizing and welfare effects of intervention in spot and futures markets,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 165-209, November.
- Robert B. Campbell & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 1985. "An Analysis of the Stabilizing and Welfare Effects of Intervention in Spot and Futures Markets," NBER Working Papers 1698, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Kupiec, 1998.
"Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since the Crash?,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(3), pages 231-255, June.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997. "Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since The Crash?," FMG Special Papers sp97, Financial Markets Group.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997. "Margin requirements, volatility, and market integrity: what have we learned since the crash?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-22, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lence, Sergio H., 2002. "Do Futures Benefit Farmers Who Adopt Them?," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19768, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- V. V. Chari & Ravi Jagannathan, 1990. "The simple analytics of commodity futures markets: do they stabilize prices? Do they raise welfare?," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum, pages 12-24.
- Bartley R. Danielsen & Robert A. Van Ness & Richard S. Warr, 2009. "Single Stock Futures as a Substitute for Short Sales: Evidence from Microstructure Data," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(9-10), pages 1273-1293.
- Wagner, Helmut & Matanovic, Eva, 2012. "Volatility Impact of Stock Index Futures Trading - A Revised Analysis," MPRA Paper 51204, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patrick Artus & Claude Jessua, 1996. "La spéculation," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 47(3), pages 409-424.
- Kofman, Paul & Viaene, Jean-Marie, 2000. "The demise of commodity price agreements: the role of exchange rates and special interests," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 775-805, November.
- Zant, Wouter, 2001. "Hedging Price Risks of Farmers by Commodity Boards: A Simulation Applied to the Indian Natural Rubber Market," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 691-710, April.
- Santos, Joseph, 2003. "Commodity futures contracts: Furnishing an elastic currency in the nineteenth century," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 561-578, December.
- Patrick Artus, 1990. "Quand la création d'un marché à terme peut-elle déstabiliser le cours au comptant ?," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 41(1), pages 71-94.
- Sergio H. Lence, 2009. "Do Futures Benefit Farmers?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(1), pages 154-167.
- Patrick Artus, 1996. "Création d'un marché à terme, nature des imperfections financières et stabilité du prix au comptant," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 47(5), pages 1043-1062.
- Méndez Parra, Maximiliano, 2015. "Futures prices, trade and domestic supply of agricultural commodities," Economics PhD Theses 0115, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ier:iecrev:v:26:y:1985:i:2:p:277-303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deupaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.