Cooperation for Innovation in Payment Systems: The Case of Mobile Payments
In this paper, we provide a definition of mobile payments and we analyze the markets that could be targeted by mobile payment service providers, both in developed and in developing countries. Focusing on the case of developed countries, we introduce five cooperation models that have emerged or could emerge between banks, mobile network operators, and payment systems, for the development of this payment method.
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): 79 (3rd quarter)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 33 (0)467 144 444
Fax: 33 (0)467 144 400
Web page: http://www.idate.org/en/Home/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marc BOURREAU & Marianne VERDIER, 2010.
"Cooperation for Innovation in Payment Systems: The Case of Mobile Payments,"
Communications & Strategies,
IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(79), pages 95-114, 3rd quart.
- Marc Bourreau & Marianne Verdier, 2010. "Cooperation for Innovation in Payment Systems: The Case of Mobile Payments," EconomiX Working Papers 2010-5, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- James McAndrews & William Roberds, 1999.
"Payment intermediation and the origins of banking,"
85, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Özlem Bedre-Defolie & Emilio Calvano, 2010.
"Pricing payment cards,"
ESMT Research Working Papers
ESMT-10-005, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- Sujit Chakravorti & Emery Kobor, 2003. "Why invest in payment innovations?," Emerging Issues, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jun.
- Bryant, John, 1980. "A model of reserves, bank runs, and deposit insurance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 335-344, December.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3508393 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3125425 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carlos Arango & Varya Taylor, 2008. "Merchants' Costs of Accepting Means of Payment: Is Cash the Least Costly?," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2008(Winter), pages 17-25.
- Waris, F.S. & Mubarik, F.M. & Pau, L-F., 2006. "Mobile Payments in the Netherlands: Adoption Bottlenecks and Opportunities, or… Throw Out Your Wallets," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-012-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Hayne E. Leland and David H. Pyle., 1976.
"Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
41, University of California at Berkeley.
- Leland, Hayne E & Pyle, David H, 1977. "Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 371-87, May.
- Sujit Chakravorti & Victor Lubasi, 2006. "Payment instrument choice: the case of prepaid cards," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q II, pages 29-43.
- Leo Van Hove, 2004. "Electronic Purses in Euroland: Why do Penetration and Usage Rates differ?," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2004/4 edited by Morten Balling.
- E. Glen Weyl, 2010. "A Price Theory of Multi-sided Platforms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(4), pages 1642-72, September.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2002. "Cooperation Among Competitors: Some Economics Of Payment Card Associations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(4), pages 549-570, Winter.
- Leo van Hove, 2004. "Electronic Purses in Euroland: Why do Penetration and Usage Rates differ?," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2005.
"Reaching out : access to and use of banking services across countries,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3754, The World Bank.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2007. "Reaching out: Access to and use of banking services across countries," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 234-266, July.
- World Bank, 2008. "Finance for All? Policies and Pitfalls in Expanding Access," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6905.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Ralph Siebert & Mihkel M. Tombak, 2007. "Why Firms Form (or do not Form) RJVS," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(522), pages 1122-1144, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idt:journl:cs7906. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (BLAVIER Thomas)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.