Seller-Buyer Ethnic Matches: The Case Of Car Transactions At Two North American Auto Dealerships
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Laura Giuliano & David I. Levine & Jonathan Leonard, 2009.
"Manager Race and the Race of New Hires,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(4), pages 589-631, October.
- Laura Giuliano & David I. Levine & Jonathon Leonard, 2006. "Manager Race and the Race of New Hires," Working Papers 0722, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Giuliano, Laura & Levine, David I. & Leonard, Jonathan, 2006. "Manager Race and the Race of New Hires," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt2cb2q1h1, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Harry J. Holzer & Keith R. Ihlanfeldt, 1998.
"Customer Discrimination and Employment Outcomes for Minority Workers,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 835-867.
- H. J. Holzer & K. R. Ihlanfeldt, "undated". "Customer Discrimination and Employment Outcomes for Minority Workers," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1122-97, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Jennifer L. Doleac & Luke C.D. Stein, 2013.
"The Visible Hand: Race and Online Market Outcomes,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 123(11), pages 469-492, November.
- Jennifer L. Doleac & Luke C.D. Stein, 2010. "The Visible Hand: Race and Online Market Outcomes," Discussion Papers 09-015, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Jennifer L. Doleac & Luke C.D. Stein, 2011. "The Visible Hand: Race and Online Market Outcomes," Discussion Papers 10-025, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- John A. List, 2004.
"The Nature and Extent of Discrimination in the Marketplace: Evidence from the Field,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 49-89.
- John List, 2004. "The nature and extent of discrimination in the marketplace: Evidence from the field," Natural Field Experiments 00299, The Field Experiments Website.
- Ayres, Ian & Siegelman, Peter, 1995. "Race and Gender Discrimination in Bargaining for a New Car," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 304-321, June.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou, 1996. "Dealer Price Discrimination in New Car Purchases: Evidence from the Consumer Expenditure Survey," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(3), pages 622-654, June.
More about this item
Keywordsethnicity; price discrimination; seller-buyer matches; car transaction; social network;
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
- M5 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hitjec:v:53:y:2012:i:2:p:217-236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fehitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.