Japanese Mutual Funds before and after the Crisis Outburst: A Style- and Performance-Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Scanlon, Kathleen & Fernández Arrigoitia, Melissa & Whitehead, Christine M E, 2015. "Social housing in Europe," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 62938, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Roger Otten & Dennis Bams, 2002. "European Mutual Fund Performance," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 8(1), pages 75-101, March.
- Unalmis, Deren & Unalmis, Ibrahim, 2015. "The Effects of Conventional and Unconventional Monetary Policy Surprises on Asset Markets in the United States," MPRA Paper 62585, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ferruz Agudo, Luis & Sarto Marzal, José Luis, 2004. "An analysis of Spanish investment fund performance: some considerations concerning Sharpe's ratio," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 273-284, August.
- Weng, Haijie & Trück, Stefan, 2011. "Style analysis and Value-at-Risk of Asia-focused hedge funds," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 491-510, November.
- ., 2015. "A simulation model of the European defence industry," Chapters,in: Innovation and Liberalization in the European Defence Sector, chapter 5, pages 89-117 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Capocci, Daniel & Hubner, Georges, 2004. "Analysis of hedge fund performance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 55-89, January.
- ., 2015. "Conceptual explanation of European Union law," Chapters,in: Understanding the Nature of Law, chapter 6, pages 135-160 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- MacDonald, Margaux, 2017.
"International capital market frictions and spillovers from quantitative easing,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 135-156.
- Margaux MacDonald, 2016. "International Capital Market Frictions And Spillovers From Quantitative Easing," Working Paper 1346, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Stephanos Papadamou & Costas Siriopoulos, 2004. "American equity mutual funds in European markets: Hot hands phenomenon and style analysis," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 85-97.
- Laurens Swinkels & Pieter Van Der Sluis, 2006.
"Return-based style analysis with time-varying exposures,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(6-7), pages 529-552.
- Swinkels, L.A.P. & van der Sluis, P.J., 2001. "Return-Based Style Analysis with Time-Varying Exposures," Discussion Paper 2001-96, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Laurens Swinkels, Pieter Jelle VanDerSluis, 2001. "Return-based Style Analysis with Time-varying Exposures," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 125, Society for Computational Economics.
- Abeer Reza & Eric Santor & Lena Suchanek, 2015. "Quantitative Easing as a Policy Tool Under the Effective Lower Bound," Discussion Papers 15-14, Bank of Canada.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:01e17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Bialkowski, Jedrzej & Otten, Roger, 2011. "Emerging market mutual fund performance: Evidence for Poland," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 118-130, August.
- ter Horst, Jenke R. & Nijman, Theo E. & de Roon, Frans A., 2004.
"Evaluating style analysis,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 29-53, January.
- de Roon, F.A. & Nijman, T.E. & Ter Horst, J.R., 2000. "Evaluating Style Analysis," Discussion Paper 2000-64, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- de Roon, Frans & Nijman, Theo E & ter Horst, Jenke, 2002. "Evaluating Style Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 3181, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yuzo Honda & Yoshihiro Kuroki & Minoru Tachibana, 2007. "An Injection Of Base Money At Zero Interest Rates: Empirical Evidence From The Japanese Experience 2001-2006," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 07-08, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Detzler, Miranda Lam, 1999. "The performance of global bond mutual funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1195-1217, August.
- Praveen K. Das & S.P. Uma Rao, 2013. "Performance evaluation of socially responsible mutual funds using style analysis," Social Responsibility Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(1), pages 109-123, March.
- Frederic Lambert & Kenichi Ueda, 2014. "The Effects of Unconventional Monetary Policies on Bank Soundness," IMF Working Papers 14/152, International Monetary Fund.
- John G. Gallo & Larry J. Lockwood & Ronald C. Rutherford, 2000. "Asset Allocation and the Performance of Real Estate Mutual Funds," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(1), pages 165-185.
- N/A, 2015. "Featured Graphic. If Europe were a Country â€¦," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 47(3), pages 501-502, March.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Plantinga, Auke & Scholtens, Bert, 2001. "Socially responsible investing and management style of mutual funds in the euronext stock markets," Research Report 01E17, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Hanisch, Max, 2017. "The effectiveness of conventional and unconventional monetary policy: Evidence from a structural dynamic factor model for Japan," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 110-134.
- Bauer, Rob & Koedijk, Kees & Otten, Roger, 2005. "International evidence on ethical mutual fund performance and investment style," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1751-1767, July.
- Pattarin, Francesco & Paterlini, Sandra & Minerva, Tommaso, 2004. "Clustering financial time series: an application to mutual funds style analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 353-372, September.
- Chen, Hsiu-Lang & De Bondt, Werner, 2004. "Style momentum within the S&P-500 index," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 483-507, September.
- Cai, Jun & Chan, K C & Yamada, Takeshi, 1997. "The Performance of Japanese Mutual Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 237-273.
- Takeshi Hakamada & Akihiko Takahashi & Kyo Yamamoto, 2007. "Selection and Performance Analysis of Asia-Pacific Hedge Funds," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-524, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Ter Horst, J.R. & Nijman, T.E. & de Roon, F.A., 2004. "Evaluating style analysis," Other publications TiSEM 8a501733-7a06-4399-8a43-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Gallo, John G. & Lockwood, Larry J. & Swanson, Peggy E., 1997. "The performance of international bond funds," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 17-35.
More about this item
Keywordsstyle analysis; unconventional monetary policy; Japanese mutual funds;
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jijfss:v:5:y:2017:i:1:p:9-:d:91815. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.