Evaluating Style Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Donald W. K. Andrews, 1999. "Estimation When a Parameter Is on a Boundary," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1341-1384, November.
- Russ Wermers, 2000. "Mutual Fund Performance: An Empirical Decomposition into Stock-Picking Talent, Style, Transactions Costs, and Expenses," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1655-1703, August.
- Huberman, Gur & Kandel, Shmuel & Stambaugh, Robert F, 1987. " Mimicking Portfolios and Exact Arbitrage Pricing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(1), pages 1-9, March.
- Tae-Hwan Kim, 2005.
"Asymptotic and Bayesian Confidence Intervals for Sharpe-Style Weights,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 3(3), pages 315-343.
- Kim, Tae-Hwan & White, Halbert & Stone, Douglas, 2000. "Asymptotic and Bayesian Confidence Intervals for Sharpe Style Weights," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt5h98h28m, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Treynor, Jack L & Black, Fischer, 1973. "How to Use Security Analysis to Improve Portfolio Selection," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(1), pages 66-86, January.
- Jobson, J D & Korkie, Bob, 1984. " On the Jensen Measure and Marginal Improvements in Portfolio Performance: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 245-251, March.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Goetzmann, William N., 1997. "Mutual fund styles," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 373-399, March.
- Cumby, Robert E & Glen, Jack D, 1990. " Evaluating the Performance of International Mutual Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 497-521, June.
- Nijman, T.E. & de Roon, F.A., 2001. "Testing for mean-variance spanning : A survey," Other publications TiSEM 0159f80a-c61b-4519-b004-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A, 1997. "Empirical Characteristics of Dynamic Trading Strategies: The Case of Hedge Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 275-302.
- DeRoon, Frans A. & Nijman, Theo E., 2001. "Testing for mean-variance spanning: a survey," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, pages 111-155.
- Ter Horst, J.R. & Nijman, T.E. & de Roon, F.A., 1998. "Performance analysis of international mutual funds incorporating market frictions," Discussion Paper 1998-51, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:26:y:2006:i:1:a:2497 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:empfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:91-107 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beck, Thorsten & De Jonghe, Olivier, 2013. "Lending concentration, bank performance and systemic risk : exploring cross-country variation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6604, The World Bank.
- Adrian Pizzinga, 2010. "Constrained Kalman Filtering: Additional Results," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 78(2), pages 189-208, August.
- Enrique Sentana, 2009.
"The econometrics of mean-variance efficiency tests: a survey,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 12(3), pages C65-C101, November.
- Daniel Giamouridis & Sandra Paterlini, 2010. "Regular(Ized) Hedge Fund Clones," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 33(3), pages 223-247.
- Geetesh Bhardwaj & Gary Gorton & K. Rouwenhorst, 2008. "Fooling Some of the People All of the Time: The Inefficient Performance and Persistence of Commodity Trading Advisors," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2429, Yale School of Management.
- Geetesh Bhardwaj & Gary B. Gorton & K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 2008. "Fooling Some of the People All of the Time: The Inefficient Performance and Persistence of Commodity Trading Advisors," NBER Working Papers 14424, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurens Swinkels & Pieter Van Der Sluis, 2006. "Return-based style analysis with time-varying exposures," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(6-7), pages 529-552.
- Laurens Swinkels, Pieter Jelle VanDerSluis, 2001. "Return-based Style Analysis with Time-varying Exposures," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 125, Society for Computational Economics.
- Swinkels, L.A.P. & van der Sluis, P.J., 2001. "Return-Based Style Analysis with Time-Varying Exposures," Discussion Paper 2001-96, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Ter Horst, J.R. & Zhang, C., 2007. "Socially Responsible Investments : Methodology, Risk Exposure and Performance," Discussion Paper 2007-013, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Ter Horst, J.R. & Zhang, C., 2007. "Socially Responsible Investments : Methodology, Risk and Performance," Discussion Paper 2007-31, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Stephanos Papadamou & Nikolaos A. Kyriazis & Lydia Mermigka, 2017. "Japanese Mutual Funds before and after the Crisis Outburst: A Style- and Performance-Analysis," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Lau, Wee Yeap & Chan, Tze-Haw, 2004. "Does Misclassification of Equity Funds Exist? Evidence from Malaysia," MPRA Paper 2029, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2005.
- Robert Faff & Annette Nguyen & Bonnie H.I. Ip & Philip Gharghori, 2012. "Return-based Style Analysis in Australian Funds," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 16(3-4), pages 155-188, September.
- Ferruz Agudo, Luis & Vicente Gimeno, Luis A., 2005. "Are Style Factors exclusive, exhaustive and independent in Spanish Domestic Equity Funds?/¿Son los factores de estilo exclusivos, exhaustivos e independientes en los fondos de inversión españoles de r," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 23, pages 495-506, Agosto.
More about this item
Keywordsperformance evaluation; portfolio choice; style analysis;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-03-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2003-03-14 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-RMG-2003-03-14 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:3181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.