The Effects of the Clock and Kickoff Rule Changes on Actual and Market-Based Expected Scoring in NCAA Football
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pankaj K. Jain & Jang-Chul Kim & Zabihollah Rezaee, 2008. "The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and Market Liquidity," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 361-382, August.
- Rodney J. Paul & Andrew P. Weinbach, 2009. "Sportsbook Behavior in the NCAA Football Betting Market: Tests of the Traditional and Levitt Models of Sportsbook Behavior," Journal of Prediction Markets, University of Buckingham Press, vol. 3(2), pages 21-37, August.
- Camilla Mastromarco & Marco Runkel, 2009.
"Rule changes and competitive balance in Formula One motor racing,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(23), pages 3003-3014.
- Mastromarco, Camilla & Runkel, Marco, 2004. "Rule Changes and Competitive Balance in Formula One Motor Racing," Discussion Papers in Economics 386, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Robert Witt, 2005. "Do Players React To Sanction Changes? Evidence From The English Premier League," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 52(4), pages 623-640, September.
- Anurag N. Banerjee & Johan F. M. Swinnen & Alfons Weersink, 2007.
"Skating on thin ice: rule changes and team strategies in the NHL,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(2), pages 493-514, May.
- Banerjee, Anurag N. & Swinnen, Johan & Weersink, Alfons, 2004. "Skating on thin ice: rule changes and team strategies in the NHL," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 401, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Anurag N. Banerjee & Johan F.M. Swinnen & Alfons Weersink, 2006. "Skating on Thin Ice: Rule Changes and Team Strategies in the NHL," LICOS Discussion Papers 17506, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Banerjee, Anurag N. & Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Weersink, Alfons, 2004. "Skating On Thin Ice: Rule Changes And Team Strategies In The Nhl," PRG Working Papers 31870, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Rodney Paul & Andrew Weinbach, 2005. "Bettor preferences and market efficiency in football totals markets," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 29(3), pages 409-415, September.
- La Croix, Sumner J & Kawaura, Akihiko, 1999. "Rule Changes and Competitive Balance in Japanese Professional Baseball," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(2), pages 353-368, April.
- Rodney Fort & Young Hoon Lee, 2007. "Structural Change, Competitive Balance, And The Rest Of The Major Leagues," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(3), pages 519-532, July.
- Cyree, Ken B., 2000. "The erosion of the Glass-Steagall Act:: Winners and losers in the banking industry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 343-363.
- repec:ccp:journl:v:10:y:2003:i:12:p:783-785 is not listed on IDEAS
- BRYAN C. McCANNON, 2011. "Strategic Offsetting Behavior: Evidence From National Collegiate Athletic Association Men'S Basketball," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(4), pages 550-563, October.
- J. K. Ashton & B. Gerrard & R. Hudson, 2011. "Do national soccer results really impact on the stock market?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(26), pages 3709-3717.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
- Alex Edmans & Diego García & Øyvind Norli, 2007. "Sports Sentiment and Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(4), pages 1967-1998, August.
- Adrian R. Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2012.
"Over the moon or sick as a parrot? The effects of football results on a club's share price,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(26), pages 3435-3452, September.
- Adrian Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2011. "Over the Moon or Sick as a Parrot? The Effects of Football Results on a Club's Share Price," Post-Print hal-00709557, HAL.
- Evan Osborne, 2001. "Efficient Markets? Donâ€™t Bet on It," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(1), pages 50-61, February.
- Brian M. Lucey & Michael Dowling, 2005. "The Role of Feelings in Investor Decision-Making," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 211-237, April.
- Schwert, G William, 1981. "Using Financial Data to Measure Effects of Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(1), pages 121-158, April.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Banerjee, Anurag N. & Swinnen, Johan & Weersink, Alfons, 2004. "Skating on thin ice: rule changes and team strategies in the NHL," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0401, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Steven D. Levitt, 2004. "Why are gambling markets organised so differently from financial markets?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(495), pages 223-246, April.
- José Correia Guedes & Fernando S. Machado, 2002. "Changing rewards in contests: Has the three-point rule brought more offense to soccer?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 607-630.
More about this item
Keywordsrule change; amateur sports; scoring; gambling; betting; market efficiency; prediction markets;
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jijfss:v:2:y:2014:i:2:p:179-192:d:35174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.