Effects of Fiscal and Monetary Policy in the Great Recession
World economy is living a time of change, and the complexity of change has implied a new research agenda on the role of economic policy in society. The role, types and effects of economic policy have been major issues in economic science since its origins. Jean Tinbergen (1956)  established the basis for the traditional theory of economic policy in economics and he tried to show how economic knowledge could be organized to regulate and guide economic systems. Nevertheless, this traditional approach has been improved through several contributions, for example when Eggertsson (1997)  incorporated the existence of incomplete knowledge, endogenous politics and institutional change in the theory of economic policy. [...]
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Keith Kuester & Gernot J. Mueller & Giancarlo Corsetti & AndrÃ© Meier, 2012.
"Sovereign Risk, Fiscal Policy, and Macroeconomic Stability,"
IMF Working Papers
12/33, International Monetary Fund.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Keith Kuester & André Meier & Gernot J. Müller, 2013. "Sovereign Risk, Fiscal Policy, and Macroeconomic Stability," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 0, pages F99-F132, 02.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Kuester, Keith & Meier, André & Müller, Gernot, 2012. "Sovereign Risk, Fiscal Policy, and Macroeconomic Stability," CEPR Discussion Papers 8779, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Coenen, Günter & Straub, Roland & Trabandt, Mathias, 2012.
"Fiscal policy and the 'Great Recession' in the euro area,"
Working Paper Series
1429, European Central Bank.
- Gunter Coenen & Roland Straub & Mathias Trabandt, 2012. "Fiscal Policy and the Great Recession in the Euro Area," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(3), pages 71-76, May.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:127:y:2012:i:1:p:57-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philip R. Lane, 2012. "The European Sovereign Debt Crisis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 49-68, Summer.
- Daniel Shoag, 2013. "Using State Pension Shocks to Estimate Fiscal Multipliers since the Great Recession," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 121-24, May.
- Hyunseung Oh & Ricardo Reis, 2011.
"Targeted Transfers and the Fiscal Response to the Great Recession,"
NBER Working Papers
16775, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oh, Hyunseung & Reis, Ricardo, 2012. "Targeted transfers and the fiscal response to the great recession," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(S), pages S50-S64.
- Oh, Hyunseung & Reis, Ricardo, 2011. "Targeted transfers and the fiscal response to the great recession," CEPR Discussion Papers 8239, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Alesina, 2012. "Fiscal Policy after the Great Recession," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 40(4), pages 429-435, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jecomi:v:1:y:2013:i:2:p:15-18:d:29002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.