Exchange rates and profit margins: the case of Japanese exporters
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Khosla, Anil, 1991. "Exchange rate pass-through and export pricing evidence from the Japanese Economy," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 41-59, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schnabl, Gunther & Baur, Dirk, 2002.
"Purchasing power parity: Granger causality tests for the yen-dollar exchange rate,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 425-444, December.
- Schnabl, Gunther & Baur, Dirk, 2001. "Purchasing power parity: Granger causality tests for the yen-dollar exchange rate," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 213, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Gunther Schnabl & Dirk Baur, 2005. "Purchasing Power Parity: Granger Causality Tests for the Yen- Dollar Exchange Rate," International Finance 0506006, EconWPA.
- Athukorala, Premachandra & Menon, Jayant, 1994.
"Pricing to Market Behaviour and Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Japanese Exports,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 271-281, March.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Jayant Menon, 1992. "Pricing to Market Behaviour and Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Japanese Exports," Working Papers 1992.32, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Jayant Menon, 1992. "Pricing to Market Behaviour and Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Japanese Exports," Working Papers 1992.32 EDIRC Provider-In, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2000. "Purchasing Power Parities of the Dollar and Euro," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 73(8), pages 487-500, August.
- Sammo Kang & Soyoung Kim & Yunjong Wang, 2005. "The effects of the yen|dollar exchange rate on the Korean economy," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 167-183.
- Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Kosma, Theodora S., 2007. "Market power and exchange rate pass-through," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 202-222.
- Khalaf, Lynda & Kichian, Maral, 2000.
"Testing the Pricing-to-Market Hypothesis: Case of the Transportation Equipment Industry,"
Staff Working Papers
00-8, Bank of Canada.
- Maral Kichian & Linda Khalaf, 2000. "Testing The Pricing-To-Market Hypothesis Case Of The Transportation Equipment Industry," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 58, Society for Computational Economics.
- Jonathan McCarthy, 2007.
"Pass-Through of Exchange Rates and Import Prices to Domestic Inflation in Some Industrialized Economies,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 511-537, Fall.
- J. McCarthy, 1999. "Pass-through of exchange rates and import prices to domestic inflation in some industrialised economies," BIS Working Papers 79, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jonathan McCarthy, 2000. "Pass-through of exchange rates and import prices to domestic inflation in some industrialized economies," Staff Reports 111, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Baoying Lai & Nathan Lael Joseph, 2010. "Pricing-to-market and the volatility of UK export prices," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(18), pages 1441-1460.
- Jack J Ree & Gee Hee Hong & Seoeun Choi, 2015. "Should Korea Worry about a Permanently Weak Yen?," IMF Working Papers 15/158, International Monetary Fund.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & Theodora S. Kosma, 2006. "Market Conduct, Price Interdependence and Exchange Rate Pass-Through," Working Papers 51, Bank of Greece.
- Verheyen, Florian, 2013. "Exchange rate nonlinearities in EMU exports to the US," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 66-76.
- Andrés Langebaek R & Walter Osorio R., 2008.
"Ajustes estratégicos de precios ante variaciones de la tasa de cambio: evidencia en las exportaciones no tradicionales colombianas,"
ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA,
BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, vol. 26(56), pages 46-76, June.
- Andrés Langebaek R & Walter Osorio R, 2008. "Ajustes estratégicos de precios ante variaciones de la tasa de cambio: evidencia en las exportaciones no tradicionales colombianas," Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 26(56), pages 46-76, Junio.
- THORBECKE, Willem, 2012. "The Short- and Long-Run Effects of Exchange Rate Changes on the Japanese Electronics Industry," Discussion papers 12019, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Yomgqing Wang, 2007. "The J-Curve At The Industry Level: Evidence From Trade Between The Us And Australia ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 315-328, December.
- Bhattacharya, Prasad S. & Karayalcin, Cem A. & Thomakos, Dimitrios D., 2008. "Exchange rate pass-through and relative prices: An industry-level empirical investigation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1135-1160, November.
- Matthew Higgins & Thomas Klitgaard, 2000. "Asia's trade performance after the currency crisis," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 37-49.
- Robert W. Rich & Donald Rissmiller, 2000. "Understanding the recent behavior of U.S. inflation," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 6(Jul).
- MoonJoong Tcha & Jae H. Kim, 2003. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through and Market Response: The Case of the US Steel Market," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 03-02, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign exchange rates - Japan ; Exports ; Prices ; Japan;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednep:y:1999:i:apr:p:41-54:n:v.5no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.