Jobless recoveries and the wait-and-see hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Canova, Fabio, 1998. "Detrending and business cycle facts," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 475-512, May.
- Erica L. Groshen & Simon M. Potter, 2003. "Has structural change contributed to a jobless recovery?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 9(Aug).
- Julie L. Hotchkiss, 2005.
"Employment growth and labor force participation: how many jobs are enough?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 1, pages 1-13.
- Julie L. Hotchkiss, 2004. "Employment growth and labor force participation: how many jobs are enough?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- Mark E. Schweitzer, 2003. "Another jobless recovery?," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Mar.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817.
- Wynne, Mark A. & Balke, Nathan S., 1992.
"Are deep recessions followed by strong recoveries?,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 183-189, June.
- Wynne, Mark A. & Balke, Nathan S., 1992. "Are deep recessions followed by strong recoveries?," Working Papers 9201, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Chamley, Christophe & Gale, Douglas, 1994.
"Information Revelation and Strategic Delay in a Model of Investment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1065-1085, September.
- Gale, D. & Chamley, C., 1992. "Information Revelation and Strategic Delay in a Model of Investment," Papers 10, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- C. Alan Garner, 2004. "Offshoring in the service sector : economic impact and policy issues," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 5-37.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yang, Guanyi, 2017. "General Equilibrium Evaluation of Temporary Employment," MPRA Paper 80047, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kevin x.d. Huang & Jie Chen & Zhe Li & Jianfei Sun, 2014. "Financial Conditions and Slow Recoveries," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 14-00004, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Roger M. Gomis & Sameer Khatiwada, 2017. "Firm dynamics and business cycle: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?," IHEID Working Papers 03-2017, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Ana gomez-Loscos & M. Dolores Gadea (Universidad de Zaragoza) & Gabriel Perez-Quiros (Bank of Spain), 2015. "Great Moderation and Great Recession. From plain sailing to stormy seas?," EcoMod2015 8267, EcoMod.
- Camacho, Maximo & Perez Quiros, Gabriel & Rodriguez Mendizabal, Hugo, 2011.
"High-growth recoveries, inventories and the Great Moderation,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1322-1339, August.
- Maximo Camacho & Gabriel Perez-Quiros & Hugo Rodríguez Mendizábal, 2009. "High-growth Recoveries, Inventories and the Great Moderation," Working Papers 0917, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Máximo Camacho & Gabriel Pérez Quirós & Hugo Rodríguez Mendizábal, 2011. "High-growth recoveries, inventories and the great moderation," Post-Print hal-00828978, HAL.
- Cristiano Cantore & Paul Levine & Giovanni Melina, 2014.
"A Fiscal Stimulus and Jobless Recovery,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 116(3), pages 669-701, July.
- Cristiano Cantore & Paul Levine & Giovanni Melina, 2011. "A Fiscal Stimulus and Jobless Recovery," School of Economics Discussion Papers 1111, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Cristiano Cantore & Paul L Levine & Giovanni Melina, 2013. "A Fiscal Stimulus and Jobless Recovery," IMF Working Papers 13/17, International Monetary Fund.
- Gadea Rivas, Maria Dolores & Gómez Loscos, Ana & Pérez-Quirós, Gabriel, 2014.
"The Two Greatest. Great Recession vs. Great Moderation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10092, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- María Dolores Gadea-Rivas & Ana Gómez-Loscos & Gabriel Pérez-Quirós, 2014. "The two greatest. Great recession vs. great moderation," Working Papers 1423, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Yilmaz Akyüz, 2009. "Mananging Financial Instability: Why Prudence is not Enough?," Working Papers 86, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Yilmaz Akyuz, 2008. "Managing Financial Instability in Emerging Markets: A Keynesian Perspective," Working Papers 2008/4, Turkish Economic Association.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2014. "Testing Okun’s law with Swiss industry data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(29), pages 3581-3590, October.
- Engemann, Kristie M. & Owyang, Michael T., 2010.
"Whatever Happened To The Business Cycle? A Bayesian Analysis Of Jobless Recoveries,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(05), pages 709-726, November.
- Kristie M. Engemann & Michael T. Owyang, 2007. "Whatever happened to the business cycle? a Bayesian analysis of jobless recoveries," Working Papers 2007-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Yılmaz AKYÜZ, 2004. "Managing financial instability and shocks," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 19(219), pages 5-17.
- Michalis Nikiforos, 2013. "Employment Recovery? after the Great Recession," Economics Policy Note Archive 13-03, Levy Economics Institute.
- Edward S. Knotek & Stephen J. Terry, 2009. "How will unemployment fare following the recession?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 5-33.
- Regis Barnichon, 2009. "Demand-driven job separation: reconciling search models with the ins and outs of unemployment," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bruno Dallago & Chiara Guglielmetti, 2011. "The Eurozone Crisis: Institutional Setting, Structural Vulnerability, and Policies," Openloc Working Papers 1112, Public policies and local development.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:2005:i:qiv:p:81-99:n:v.90no.4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LDayrit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .