Industry mix and lending environment variability: what does the average bank face
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1988. "The profitability and risk effects of allowing bank holding companies to merge with other financial firms: a simulation study," Proceedings 213, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Michelle Clark Neely & David C. Wheelock, 1997. "Why does bank performance vary across states?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 27-40.
- Larry D. Wall & Alan K. Reichert & Sunil Mohanty, 1993. "Deregulation and the opportunities for commercial bank diversification," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Sep, pages 1-25.
- Rosen, Richard J. & Lloyd-Davies, Peter R. & Kwast, Myron L. & Humphrey, David B., 1989.
"New banking powers : A portfolio analysis of bank investment in real estate,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 355-366, July.
- Richard J. Rosen & Peter Lloyd-Davies & Myron L. Kwast & David B. Humphrey, 1988. "New banking powers: a portfolio analysis of bank investment in real estate," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Benston, George J & Hunter, William C & Wall, Larry D, 1995. "Motivations for Bank Mergers and Acquisitions: Enhancing the Deposit Insurance Put Option versus Earnings Diversification," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 777-788, August.
- Peter S. Rose, 1995. "Diversification and interstate banking," Proceedings 461, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Jith Jayaratne & Philip E. Strahan, 1997. "The benefits of branching deregulation," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 13-29.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre-Guillaume Meon & Laurent Weill, 2005.
"Can mergers in Europe help banks hedge against macroeconomic risk?,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 315-326.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2003. "Can Mergers in Europe Help Banks Hedge Against Macroeconomic Risk," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2003-05, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2005. "Can mergers in Europe help banks hedge against macroeconomic risk?," DULBEA Working Papers in, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2005. "Can mergers in Europe help banks hedge against macroeconomic risk?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8370, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Colm Kearney & Frank Barry, 2005. "MNEs and Industrial Structure in Host Countries:A Mean Variance Analysis of Ireland’s Manufacturing Sector," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp023, IIIS.
- Meon, Pierre-Guillaume & Weill, Laurent, 2004.
"A view of the European Union as an evolving country portfolio,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 853-868, November.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2003. "A View of the European Union as an Evolving Country Portfolio," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2003-04, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2004. "A view of the European Union as an evolving country portfolio," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8376, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Yeager, Timothy J., 2004. "The demise of community banks? Local economic shocks are not to blame," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2135-2153, September.
- William Emmons & R. Gilbert & Timothy Yeager, 2004. "Reducing the Risk at Small Community Banks: Is it Size or Geographic Diversification that Matters?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 259-281, April.
- Timothy J. Yeager, 2002. "The demise of community banks? local economic shocks aren't to blame," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2002-03, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Timothy J. Yeager, 2002. "Community bank performance in the presence of county economic shocks," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2002-11, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks and banking ; Financial institutions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedder:y:1999:i:qii:p:24-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.