Owner-Occupied Housing and Demand for Risky Financial Assets: Some Finnish Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Annette Vissing-Jorgensen, 2002. "Towards an Explanation of Household Portfolio Choice Heterogeneity: Nonfinancial Income and Participation Cost Structures," NBER Working Papers 8884, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Todd Sinai & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2005.
"Owner-Occupied Housing as a Hedge Against Rent Risk,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 120(2), pages 763-789.
- Todd Sinai & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2003. "Owner-Occupied Housing as a Hedge Against Rent Risk," NBER Working Papers 9462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Todd Sinai & Nicholas S. Souleles, 2005. "Owner-occupied housing as a hedge against rent risk," Working Papers 05-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Jeff Dominitz & Charles F. Manski, 2007. "Expected Equity Returns and Portfolio Choice: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 5(2-3), pages 369-379, 04-05.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik & Jeremy C. Stein, 2004. "Social Interaction and Stock-Market Participation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(1), pages 137-163, February.
- Englund, Peter & Hwang, Min & Quigley, John M, 2002.
"Hedging Housing Risk,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(1-2), pages 167-200, Jan.-Marc.
- Peter ENGLUND & Min HWANG & John M. QUIGLEY, 2000. "Hedging Housing Risk," FAME Research Paper Series rp26, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Englund, Peter & Hwang, Min & Quigley, John M., 2002. "Hedging Housing Risk," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt06t5d6v0, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Englund, Peter & Hwang, Min & Quigley, John M., 2001. "Hedging Housing Risk," SIFR Research Report Series 2, Institute for Financial Research.
- Brueckner, Jan K, 1997. "Consumption and Investment Motives and the Portfolio Choices of Homeowners," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 159-180, October.
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
- Oikarinen, Elias, 2006. "Price Linkages between Stock, Bond and Housing Markets - Evidence from Finnish Data," Discussion Papers 1004, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Luigi Guiso & Tullio Jappelli, 2002. "Stockholding in Italy," CSEF Working Papers 82, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Ioannides, Yannis M, 1983. "A Model of Housing Tenure Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 98-113, March.
- Yamashita, Takashi, 2003. "Owner-occupied housing and investment in stocks: an empirical test," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 220-237, March.
- Marjorie Flavin & Takashi Yamashita, 2002. "Owner-Occupied Housing and the Composition of the Household Portfolio," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 345-362, March.
- Katherine A. Kiel & Jeffrey E. Zabel, 1999. "The Accuracy of Owner-Provided House Values: The 1978-1991 American Housing Survey," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 263-298.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:cuf:journl:y:2017:v:18:i:1:zhaoli is not listed on IDEAS
- Yunker, James A. & Melkumian, Alla A., 2010. "The effect of capital wealth on optimal diversification: Evidence from the Survey of Consumer Finances," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 90-98, February.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/8576 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arrondel, L. & Savignac, F., 2009. "Stockholding: Does housing wealth matter?," Working papers 266, Banque de France.
More about this item
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fep:journl:v:21:y:2008:i:1:p:22-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Editorial Secretary). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/talouea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.