Strategic Buybacks of Sovereign Debt
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Prokop, Jacek & Wang, Ruqu, 1997. "Strategic Buybacks of Sovereign Debt," Queen's Institute for Economic Research Discussion Papers 273391, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- William R. Cline, 1995. "International Debt Reexamined," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 46.
- Jeremy Bulow & Kenneth Rogoff, 1991. "Sovereign Debt Repurchases: No Cure for Overhang," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1219-1235.
- Cohen, Daniel & Verdier, Thierry, 1995.
"'Secret' buy-backs of LDC debt,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 317-334, November.
- Cohen, Daniel & Verdier, Thierry, 1990. "`Secret' Buy-backs of LDC Debt," CEPR Discussion Papers 462, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cohen Daniel & Verdier Thierry, 1990. "Secret buy-backs of ldc debt," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9018, CEPREMAP.
- Cohen, D. & Verdier, T., 1991. "Secret "Buybacks" of LDC Debt," DELTA Working Papers 91-18, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Jeremy Bulow & Kenneth Rogoff, 1988. "The Buyback Boondoggle," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 675-704.
- Rotemberg, Julio J., 1991.
"Sovereign debt buybacks can lower bargaining costs,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 330-348, September.
- Julio J. Rotemberg, 1988. "Sovereign Debt Buybacks Can Lower Bargaining Costs," NBER Working Papers 2767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prokop, Jacek, 2012. "Bargaining over debt rescheduling," MPRA Paper 44315, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Angelo Baglioni, 2015. "Leveraged Buybacks Of Sovereign Debt: A Model And An Application To Greece," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(1), pages 87-103, January.
More about this item
Keywordsdebt buybacks; secret buybacks; sovereign debt;
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fec:journl:v:7:y:2012:i:1:p:1-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.