Impact of global financial crisis on stock markets: Evidence from Pakistan and India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Miyakoshi, Tatsuyoshi, 2002. "ARCH versus information-based variances: evidence from the Tokyo Stock Market," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 215-231, April.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Attiya Y. Javed & Ayaz Ahmed, 1999. "The Response of Karachi Stock Exchange to Nuclear Detonation," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 777-786.
- Pyun, Chong Soo & Lee, Sa Young & Nam, Kiseok, 2000. "Volatility and information flows in emerging equity market: A case of the Korean Stock Exchange," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 405-420.
- Levine, Ross, 2002.
"Bank-Based or Market-Based Financial Systems: Which Is Better?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 398-428, October.
- Ross Levine, 2002. "Bank-Based or Market-Based Financial Systems: Which is Better?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 442, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Ross Levine, 2002. "Bank-Based or Market-Based Financial Systems: Which is Better?," NBER Working Papers 9138, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ghassan Omet & Mohammad Khasawneh & Jamal Khasawneh, 2002. "Efficiency tests and volatility effects: evidence from the Jordanian stock market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(12), pages 817-821.
- Enisan, Akinlo A. & Olufisayo, Akinlo O., 2009. "Stock market development and economic growth: Evidence from seven sub-Sahara African countries," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 162-171.
- Alper, C. Emre & Yilmaz, Kamil, 2004. "Volatility and contagion: evidence from the Istanbul stock exchange," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 353-367, December.
- Alsubaie, Abdullah & Najand, Mohammad, 2009. "Trading volume, time-varying conditional volatility, and asymmetric volatility spillover in the Saudi stock market," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 139-159, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Faisal Khan & Saif-Ur-Rehman Khan & Hashim Khan, 2016. "Pricing of Risk, Various Volatility Dynamics and Macroeconomic Exposure of Firm Returns: New Evidence on Age Effect," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 551-561.
- repec:mth:ber888:v:7:y:2017:i:1:p:177-188 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Naveed, 2015. "Capital Structure Dynamics and Sensitivity Analysis: A Case of Developing Country?," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 2603875, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- repec:eee:revfin:v:35:y:2017:i:c:p:29-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Samet GÃ¼nay, 2016. "Alteration of Risk in Asian Bond Markets during and after Mortgage Crisis: Evidence from Value at Risk (VaR) Analysis," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 12(Suppl. 1), pages 159â€“182-1.
- repec:rjr:romjef:v::y:2017:i:1:p:150-166 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ghamz-e-Ali Siyal & Asma Mohsin & Khalid Zaman, 2014. "Financial Soundness and Pakistanâ€™s Economics Growth: Turn on the Light," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 2(9), pages 359-371, September.
- Ghouse, Ghulam & Khan, Saud Ahmed & Arshad, Muhammad, 2015.
"Time Varying Volatility Modeling of Pakistani and leading foreign stock markets,"
70080, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ghouse, Ghulam & Khan, Saud Ahmed & Arshad, Muhammad, 2015. "Time Varying Volatility Modeling of Pakistani and leading foreign stock markets," MPRA Paper 70117, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kamal, Mona, 2014. "Studying the Validity of the Efficient Market Hypothesis (EMH) in the Egyptian Exchange (EGX) after the 25th of January Revolution," MPRA Paper 54708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Persakis, Anthony & Iatridis, George Emmanuel, 2016. "Audit quality, investor protection and earnings management during the financial crisis of 2008: An international perspective," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 73-101.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:365-375 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cenk Gokce ADAS, 2016. "Impact Of The Global Financial Crises On The Major Asian Countries And Usa Stock Markets And Inter-Linkages Among Them," International Journal of Economic Sciences, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, vol. 5(1), pages 1-17, March.
More about this item
KeywordsVolatility; EGARCH; Financial crisis; Pakistan; India;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:etr:series:v:3:y:2012:i:7:p:275-282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.