An Irish Welcome? Changing Irish Attitudes to Immigrants and Immigration: The Role of Recession and Immigration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yvonni Markaki & Simonetta Longhi, 2012.
"What Determines Attitudes to Immigration in European Countries? An Analysis at the Regional Level,"
CReAM Discussion Paper Series
1233, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Markaki, Yvonni & Longhi, Simonetta, 2012. "What determines attitudes to immigration in European countries? An analysis at the regional level," ISER Working Paper Series 2012-25, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Yvonni Markaki & Simonetta Longhi, 2012. "What Determines Attitudes to Immigration in European Countries? An Analysis at the Regional Level," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2012032, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Gillian Kingston & Frances McGinnity & Philip J Oâ€™Connell, 2015. "Discrimination in the labour market: nationality, ethnicity and the recession," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 29(2), pages 213-232, April.
- Dustmann Christian & Preston Ian P, 2007.
"Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-41, November.
- Dustmann, Christian & Preston, Ian, 2000. "Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration," IZA Discussion Papers 190, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Christian Dustmann & Ian Preston, 2000. "Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0839, Econometric Society.
- Dustmann, Christian & Preston, Ian, 2000. "Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration," CEPR Discussion Papers 2542, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christian Dustmann & Ian Preston, 2004. "Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0401, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Elish Kelly & Seamus McGuinness & Philip J O’connell & David Haugh & Alberto GonzÁlez Pandiella, 2014.
"Transitions In and Out of Unemployment among Young People in the Irish Recession,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 56(4), pages 616-634, December.
- Elish Kelly & Seamus McGuinness & Philip O’Connell & David Haugh & Alberto González Pandiella, 2013. "Transitions in and out of Unemployment among Young People in the Irish Recession," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1084, OECD Publishing.
- Kelly, Elish & McGuinness, Seamus & O'Connell, Philip J. & Haugh, David & Pandiella, Alberto González, 2013. "Transitions In and Out of Unemployment Among Young People in the Irish Recession," Papers WP466, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Alan Barrett & SÃ©amus McGuiness, 2012. "The Irish Labour Market and the Great Recession," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 10(2), pages 27-33, 08.
- Marco Manacorda & Alan Manning & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2012.
"The Impact Of Immigration On The Structure Of Wages: Theory And Evidence From Britain,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 120-151, February.
- Manacorda, Marco & Manning, Alan & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 2010. "The Impact of Immigration on the Structure of Wages: Theory and Evidence from Britain," CEPR Discussion Papers 7888, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenneth F. Scheve & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2001. "Labor Market Competition And Individual Preferences Over Immigration Policy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 133-145, February.
- Timothy J. Hatton, 2016. "Immigration, public opinion and the recession in Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 31(86), pages 205-246.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:10:y:2012:i:2:p:18948043 is not listed on IDEAS
- McGinnity, Fran & Russell, Helen & Watson, Dorothy & Kingston, Gillian & Kelly, Elish, 2014. "Winners and Losers? The Equality Impact of the Great Recession in Ireland," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BKMNEXT265, December.
- Kingston, Gillian & McGinnity, Frances & O'Connell, Philip J., 2015. "Discrimination in the Labour Market: Nationality, Ethnicity and the Recession," Papers RB2015/2/2, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Jennifer A. Heerwig & Brian J. McCabe, 2009. "Education and Social Desirability Bias: The Case of a Black Presidential Candidate," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 90(3), pages 674-686, September.
- Kevin Denny & Cormac Ó Gráda, 2013.
"Irish Attitudes To Immigration During And After The Boom,"
201322, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Kevin Denny & Cormac Ó Gráda, 2013. "Irish attitudes to immigration during and after the boom," Working Papers 201318, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Hainmueller, Jens & Hiscox, Michael J., 2007.
"Educated Preferences: Explaining Attitudes Toward Immigration in Europe,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(2), pages 399-442, April.
- Jens Hainmueller & Michael J. Hiscox, 2005. "Educated Preferences: Explaining Attitudes Toward Immigration in Europe," Others 0505013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexander L. Janus, 2010. "The Influence of Social Desirability Pressures on Expressed Immigration Attitudes," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 91(4), pages 928-946, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordsimmigration; immigrants; recession; Ireland;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:48:y:2017:i:3:p:253-279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Lawless). General contact details of provider: https://www.esr.ie .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.