Impact of Devaluation on Trade Balance in Pakistan
The purpose of this paper is to find the impact of devaluation on trade balance in Pakistan in both long and short run using bound testing approach to Cointegration and Error Correction Mechanism (ECM). The result shows that devaluation is effective in improving trade balance and there is a cointegrated relationship between the real effective exchange rate and trade balance in the long run.
Volume (Year): 3 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thanh, Nguyen Ngoc & Kalirajan, Kaliappa, 2006. "Can devaluation be effective in improving the balance of payments in Vietnam?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 467-476, May.
- Upadhyaya, Kamal P., 1999. "Currency devaluation, aggregate output, and the long run: an empirical study," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 197-202, August.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Zulfiqar Hyder & Adil Mahboob, 2006. "Equilibrium Real Effective Exchange Rate and Exchange Rate Misalignment in Pakistan," SBP Research Bulletin, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department, vol. 2, pages 237-263..
- Halicioglu, Ferda, 2008.
"The J-Curve Dynamics of Turkey: An Application of ARDL Model,"
6824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ferda Halicioglu, 2008. "The J-curve dynamics of Turkey: an application of ARDL model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(18), pages 2423-2429.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eok:journl:v:3:y:2011:i:3:p:16-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Felician ALECU)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.